overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Orizaba, Mexico

RATINGS: 1194   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.8   EST. CALORIES: 136   ABV: 4.55%
A Lager beer with a delicious aroma of malt and hops and a delicate balance in its subtle refreshing taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
unixweb (237) - Sherman, Texas, USA - FEB 27, 2002
It smells weak, looks like water in the glass, but actually tastes pretty good. It is sweeter than I expected, and smooth, with no aftertaste whatsoever. In a Mexican restaurant this might be my first choice. Granted, it’s the lesser of several evils, but at least it wasn’t sour and skunky. It certainly could have been worse.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
CrimsonGhost1971 (188) - USA - FEB 20, 2002
In the bottle Tecate is a smooth beer with very little bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Fulkrum78 (175) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 19, 2002
Get it in the bottle! Adda lime, and you’ve got a great beer for your hammock.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
LuckeyHaskins99 (180) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Gotta agree with NOWSHOWJONES, I’ve been to Tijuana a few times, and this beer keeps the dust out of your throat. A tasty all-purpose beer. Tecate is sold in a ’cuyoama’ which is a quart bottle, in the local stores. If you have the benefit of having a friend with a house in Tijuana, buying these large bottles makes this the cheapest beer ever. The quart bottles have a 20 cent deposit on them, but if you do havef our empties to redeem, you pay around $1.50 a beer. So a gallon of beer runs $6.00. You’d be hard pressed to do better, unless you prefer that heileman swill.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
BuzzBeer99 (81) - Oklahoma, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Tecate is like a granola bar. Pretty damn good if there is absolutely nothing else... I went to Air Force survival school and, other than a few granola bars and what ever I found in the wilderness, I had nothing to eat for 5 days. They were awesome! I asked myself why I never tried these before. When I got home I bought a box. This was 8 years ago- I still have half a box left!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Ernest (6489) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 6, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 26, 2007 Bottle. Head is initially small, fizzy, white, fully diminishing. Body is clear light to medium yellow. Aroma is lightly malty (grain, husks), lightly hoppy (herbs). Flavor is lightly to moderately sweet, lightly bitter. Finish is lightly sweet, moderately bitter, husky, unclean. Light to medium body, watery texture, lively carbonation. Just another fizzy yellow Mexican lager.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - FEB 4, 2002
Man, this beer sucks ass. Oh, no wonder, it’s from Mexico.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
jmusial99 (27) - USA - FEB 3, 2002
Prety average, nice color with a nice aftertaste. This is a nice summer beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
NOSHOWJONES99 (22) - USA - FEB 1, 2002
NOT MUCH ON THE FLAVOR BUT SPENDING MUCH TIME IN TIJUANA MEXICO YOU GROW A TASTE FOR TECATE ITS THE MOST SOLD BEER IN TIJUANA

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 11/20
hooch woman99 (1) - Truxton, Arizona, USA - JAN 27, 2002 does not count
This is one of my favorite beers. I like the taste. I drink it with Mexican food. It is good with salt and a slice of lime. Excellent Beer!!