overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Veracruz-Llave, Mexico

RATINGS: 1174   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.79   EST. CALORIES: 136   ABV: 4.55%
A Lager beer with a delicious aroma of malt and hops and a delicate balance in its subtle refreshing taste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
SirBeer1963 (14) - Tampa, Florida, USA - OCT 3, 2003
this Mexican beer is one of the best often imported to the USA and better then corona but for the price often charged for this beer you can get a much better beer fo rthe same and some times less

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
DaDocXL17 (6) - Fremont, California, USA - OCT 3, 2003 does not count
Tecate, a great Domestic beer and one of my favorites. The perfect beer for a nice hot day when you just want to relax.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
thehoff (596) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - OCT 1, 2003
Very light yellow, no head at all, no smell. Light inoffensive flavor. Carbonation. Blah.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
fiulijn (14990) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 29, 2003
Blond color. Almost no aroma. Very light taste, completely useless. Dry.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
steview (1021) - San Francisco, California, USA - SEP 25, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 26, 2003 The bartender at Carlos O'Kelley's gladly handed me a bottle and a short tulip type glass with a little slice of lime on the rim. I went back to my table and ate more chips and salsa. Seeing as how I was getting thirsty I just poured as I usually do and noticed a bubbly dark-corn yellow type of liquid that came with a short white head that lasted for no time at all. I squeezed some lime into it and then took my first salsa quenching drink. Mmm, hit the spot. Nothing like a carbonated lime-water. No fuss about it, I enjoyed it. It didn't have that Corona skunk and it actually had more hop and malt than that brand. I mean damn, at least something was detectable. If it wasn't for the theme restaurant and ultimate thirst for anything to quench my thirst I probably would have turned the other cheek, but I surprisingly washed all my enchiladas down with it and had a good time. Thanks Mexican beer! (I never thought I'd say that) Oh, it cost $3.25 for that bottle... What?! It should have been a buck. I would have drank a pepsi/coke if I knew about this... Aye-yi-yi!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
NJBeerman013 (1051) - Hamilton Twp., New Jersey, USA - SEP 8, 2003
From a can. Hmm... it looks and tastes like most massproduced American beers. But wow what a hefty price tag - $6.99 for a six of cans? A good hoppy beer but definitely not worth the price. Its odd though that a Mexican beer can taste half decent unlike Corona-type brews.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 1, 2003
Much better from the can than from the bottle, for some inexplicable reason. However, it's still not great. Looks like BMC, tastes much the same, with a little bit more sweetness.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
BillKismet (3342) - Seattle, Washington, USA - SEP 1, 2003
Ay Caramba. This was AWFUL! I could not finish the can. Light and dank as if it had been let soaked in a carpet for weeks and then wrung out into a can. Yuck.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
GreatStelle (363) - Chico, California, USA - AUG 31, 2003
Is this beer? I know mexican beers are light but this one has NO flavor. I'd drink it if nothing else was around.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Jayb0 (1040) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - AUG 28, 2003
little head, straw colored. light body with slight hop bite. Fairly high carbonation. slightly metallic finish. A bit more bite than corona, less malty than modelo.