Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Orizaba, Mexico

RATINGS: 1243   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 136   ABV: 4.55%
A Lager beer with a delicious aroma of malt and hops and a delicate balance in its subtle refreshing taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
RedEft (155) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - AUG 3, 2004
I drank a few of these as a kid and remembered thinking it was disgusting. Tried it again recently and it is a below average pale lager, but not worthy of the abuse it gets here. Yeah, it’s pale yellow (like a pale lager, go figure...) and watery, but judged as a pale lager, it’s not at all dismal. I’ll drink it if it’s handed to me for sure.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
bierchik (95) - lakewood, California, USA - JUL 30, 2004
very cheap beer, taste really watered down. not enjoyable, not worth calling a beer (IMO)...didn’t like this what so ever. definetly not for me.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
davidflores99 (225) - Lakewood, California, USA - JUL 29, 2004
Very light, almost watery beer, I didn’t enjoy this at all, had it in a can. Not a good beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
AlabastorJones (814) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUL 26, 2004
As I’m sipping this at a fiesta of sorts being held by my parents, a hunched over mumbling chariciture of Hunter S. Thompson leans into me, muttering something about his days spent wasted and drugged in the Mexican sun, the old hippy then proceeded to shave off a thin slice of lime and insisted that I place it in the neck of my bottle, not wanting to anger the elderly space cadet, and knowing that no piece of fruit was capable of ruining this tasteless Mexican schwill, I relented, and I will say that the green wedge added a new dimension to this otherwise tasteless brew.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 19, 2004
I would actually give this beer more credit than most other mexican beers I’ve had... it went well with spicy food and hot/humid weather

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
Cartoonkhaki (1223) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 18, 2004
Pale yelllow chemical flavoured beer. Poor aroma nothing special mexican urin water. Gave me an upset stomach gave away the rest and they had the same problem.... hmmmmmmm Guess they want you to have the full Mexican experience in a bottle.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Ungstrup (31419) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - JUL 18, 2004
A yellow beer with no head. The aroma is sweet with notes of malt as well as hops. The flavor is sweet malty with notes of corn and the body is thin. A boring beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
jgentgesdo (683) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - JUL 5, 2004
Can to pilsner glass. Pours medium yellow with diminishing head, poor lacing. Astringent notes plus some wheat to the nose. Heavier body than many pale lagers, has a reasonably nice aftertaste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
KarmanGhia (276) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JUL 3, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 13, 2005 Really, this isn’t at all as bad as Corona, which isn’t drinkable without a lime. With a lime this is something I’ll drink on occasion.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
hayduke (4123) - Eureka, California, USA - JUL 2, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 21, 2007 Bottle. Poured yellow with a white head that was gone quickly. Corn odor. Highly carbonated. Has an odd bite, maybe due to the carbonation. Not my favorite mexican beer.