Ten Ninety Bourbon Barrel Aged Pomegranate Cayenne Porter
     click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -
Porter with pomegranate juice and cayenne pepper, aged in FEW Spirits Bourbon Whiskey barrel.

rubbishystuff's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
rubbishystuff (1845) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 12, 2014
I think I would have liked the base beer much more but the cayenne didn’t work for me. The heat hit too far back in the throat and was more sharp than tingly Serving: Bottle

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
phaleslu (6506) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - NOV 19, 2013
Draft sample at FOBAB 2013. Once again, it’s going to be hard to follow up such an outstanding first rating. But I’ll do my best. Pours a deep brown with amber highlights on the edges and a small beige head. Notes of mild cayenne spice, toasted malts, chocolate, and nice fruit from the pomegranate. Light-medium bodied, with a sweet, semi-spicy mouthfeel and soft carbonation. Surprisingly restrained and nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
crossovert (7388) - Illinois, USA - NOV 17, 2013
UPDATED: APR 1, 2014 Had his base beer before, really enjoy it. This version is hot and boozy but nice. See my review of hte base beer.