Brewed by Wellpark (Tennent Caledonian - C&C Group)
Style: Pale Lager
Glasgow, Scotland

RATINGS: 72   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.45/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Bottled, regular
Tennentís has been making lager for export markets since the nineteenth century, a time when Tennentís was the worldís greatest exporter of bottled beer. Our premium export lager is now being introduced in Scotland with the launch of Tennentís Original Export, available now in supermarkets and local stores across the country.

scotty's rating

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
scotty (1107) - - MAY 9, 2014
This was picked up in my local Tesco after being reduced to clear, Iíd seen it on the shelf a few times but not being a great (mass produced) lager drinker, and it being a 6pack, I left it where it was! In the past however, I rather liked Tennents Gold Bier, and I kinda miss it, "This could be the same thing relabelled at a slightly lower ABV" I thought ...thatís why I bought the reduced pack!! This isnít Gold Bier :( itís pretty much a slightly fuller bodied version of the bog standard "lager" produced by Tennentís, and as I REALLY donít like that, I cant say I took to this! The only problem I have now is how to dispose of the other 5 bottles...I hate waste, but this may just end up down the sink!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
mauroruellas (659) - GETULINA, BRAZIL - NOV 1, 2015
Clara dourada,brilhante,lŪmpida,espuma alta volumosa e com boa manutenÁ„o;aroma de cereais,fermento e uma leve presenÁa de lķpulo ao fundo;sabor segue o aroma acrescido de um final ligeiramente amargo,carbonataÁ„o mediana,baixo corpo,refrescante,final seco. Lager escocesa razoŠvel,me lembrou a Bud.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
martjoobolut (1924) - Tallinn, ESTONIA - AUG 13, 2015
Can (shared by Marduk, thanks!). Pours golden with white head. Aroma is malt, grains, some hop extract. Flavor follows the nose. Body is watery. Overall: classic pale lager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
blutt59 (6288) - Dallas, Texas, USA - AUG 12, 2015
Canned, 5% per can, clear yellow color with some sweet corn and light grainy notes, sweet astringent finish

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Marduk (4503) - Reval, ESTONIA - JUL 7, 2015
500ml can. Pale yellow color. Small size, white head. Lemon, watery, malty, sweet in aroma. Stemmy, malty, grainy, lemon peel in taste. Medium carbonation. Hop exctract in aftertaste. Typical macro.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
degbert (1487) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 3, 2015
Can. Pours a clear gold with a high, pillowy, mixed-grain white head. Nose is adjunct, yeast, skunk, and cereal. Mostly watery on the palate, with low carbonation; the flavor is mostly boring, typical mass-produced lager adjunct cereal. Finish is non-existent. Pardon me while I fall asleep in my beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
FatPhil (11836) - Tallinn, ESTONIA - JUL 3, 2015
500ml can - thanks Marduk!
Pale & fizzy. Sweet, pale lagery aroma. Sweeter, and less nasty than I expected. Weak, watery, and not horrific enough to arouse me. Jeebus, this even has hops in the finish. Extracty hops, sure, but they are very clear.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
suurjuust (2039) - ESTONIA - JUL 3, 2015
Clear golden beer, medium white head. Nose is sweet malty and honey notes, grain. Flavor is grainy malt, some sweetness. Your average eurolager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
chinchill (3357) - South Carolina, USA - JUN 14, 2015
11.2 oz bottle. Golden body with a good head. Floral and English hips with faint bread in the nose. Flavor follows but with less appealing hops.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
shrubber85 (9465) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - JUN 7, 2015
Can. Toffee malt and hay aroma. Golden yellow with nice head. Lightly sweet toffee malt and mildly bitter grass flavor. Okay.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DocLock (8797) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 1, 2015
Can from Caponeís. Pours golden with white head and a lot of carbonation. Nose is apricotty fruit, pale malt, some sweetness and hops. Tastes of pale malt, orange marmalade, hops, almost like a poor manís Two Hearted light. Not bad.