Tequesta Dortmunder Pilsner

Tequesta Dortmunder Pilsner
     click to upload

Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 2.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.7   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
hopscotch (8783) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - AUG 2, 2012
Draft... Clear golden lager with a small, creamy, white heat. Great retention. The nose is of biscuit and honey malts infused with spicy, green-peppery hops alongside an unfortunate, undeniable note of acetaldehyde. Medium-bodied with lively carbonation. The flavor is balanced, bready and minerally, but as with the aroma, there is an undeniable, off-putting tang of acetaldehyde. Finishes bland and minerally. I didn’t like this beer at all, but then I’m extremely sensitive to acetaldehyde. If you don’t mind acetaldehyde bombs like Bud Lite and Miller Lite, then go for it. I had a headache and my mouth and stomach went sour within thirty minutes of drinking this. The guy sitting next to me loved it and he’s someone who’s tastes I respect. So, there’s that.