overall

RATINGS: 383   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.75   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
ďWith its golden hue and gentle complexity, the Terrapin Golden Ale brings refreshing to a whole new level. Its combination of flavor, smoothness and drinkability is difficult to find in most craft beers. Sometimes even hopheads like us want nothing more than to enjoy a beer that is crisp, smooth and refreshing. That is why we created the perfect session beer - the Terrapin Golden Ale.Ē

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
11026 (1772) - Alabama, USA - MAY 27, 2005
Bottle from Goldtwins. Pours out a golden amber color with a fair white head. Good lacing. Aroma is pleasantly grassy with a little bit of ester, perhaps a hint of corn. Light bodied and lively carbonation. Flavor is suprisingly hopped with a drying quality. Slightly sweet malt and corn flavors blend in nicely. This would be an excellent summer beer. Subtly good!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
goldtwins (4320) - Nesconset, New York, USA - APR 25, 2005
Poured a clear golden color with a huge white head. Fizzy body. Aroma of light sweet malt. Wife said it smells like Bud. Flavor is lgiht, sweet, and a touch of hops. Light bodied and smooth. Could be a nice warm weather beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
skaughty (643) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - JAN 1, 2005
Fruity and corn-laced, could be disgusting, but isnít. The aroma is soft and undetectable, but the flavor is grainy and ful l (for the style). Finish is sweet, with a subdued bitterness and a nice lacing on the tongue.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - DEC 9, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 12, 2005 I fianally found this one at my local beer store and had to give it a try. The first thing that surprised me was the aroma...baby throw up. The flavor reminded me of a mixture of Budweiser and Schlitz malt liquor. This is horrible. I actually poured half the glass down the drain. I love Terrapin Rye Pale Ale and was anticipating another great beer from this Georgia brewery. The only explanantion I could come up with was that this is their attempt at a mass market beer. Iíve just lost a lot of respect for this brewery. I guess I can always use the remainder of the sixer for cooking.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
biermonk (265) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - OCT 24, 2004
On tap at Summits Wayside Tavern...I( guess this is a cream ale very smooth almost velvety mouthfeel...very malty but not sweet at all...Not a big fan of this one

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
UNCCTF (477) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - OCT 9, 2004
Sampled at Charlotte Oktoberfest í04. Golden body with a creamy white head. This was a heavy beer for its coloring, and the mouthfeel made the beer a little bit unenjoyable overall. I may need to try it again when I havenít been sampling so much.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
savitska (163) - Smyrna, Georgia, USA - OCT 8, 2004
This beer looked great, smelled great and was even refreshingly lingering, but it still didnít live up to my expectations. Maybe the cream ale style is just too mild for my tastes. Still a very thirst-quenching beer that was MILES ahead of the other fair (Bud Light, Miller) at Rocky Mountain Pizza.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
jcc83 (137) - Athens, Georgia, USA - SEP 19, 2004
On tap at the Foundry. Fairly weak but pleasant hop aroma, on the grassy side, and perhaps a slight lager skunkiness. Light golden in color with a moderate/thin white head, and a slight cloudiness. Flavor was, like the aroma, relatively weak but pleasant, with a nice malt sweetness and just enough hops to balance. But what I really liked was the mouthfeel, a totally unexpected creamy thickness that I really enjoyed. In this beer, one can experience the flavor of an extra pale ale accompanied by the mouthfeel of a fine porter, and thatís pretty cool. Not a favorite of mine, but an interesting experience that I enjoyed.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 12/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - SEP 11, 2004
Tap @ Summits. Light gold color with hardly any head at all. This may be one of my least favorite styles. Hardly any hop taste but the malts are hidden also. Just smooth any creamy, so I guess itís what itís supposed to be.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
belgianhomebrew (646) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - AUG 15, 2004
A very slight hop aroma. Body is very smooth with just enough bitterness to give it character. A very good session beer, but not something I would search out.