overall

RATINGS: 393   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
ďWith its golden hue and gentle complexity, the Terrapin Golden Ale brings refreshing to a whole new level. Its combination of flavor, smoothness and drinkability is difficult to find in most craft beers. Sometimes even hopheads like us want nothing more than to enjoy a beer that is crisp, smooth and refreshing. That is why we created the perfect session beer - the Terrapin Golden Ale.Ē

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Bigsilky (327) - Charleston, USA - JUN 15, 2005
Why???? Why????? did this have to happen. Is this a retro movement to pootang beer? Honestly I love this brewery, but unfortunantly they brought home a bad report card. I really canít find too much cream, itís slight right up front on the palate then dissapates. "First Wort Hopping" sounds like it might be cool if they put some hops in. The only hops I found were remminesent of melting plastic and did little to out-do the weak willed and poorly structured malt. I hope this is just meant to be a summer beer to replace Bud, but honestly, I think Bud is a better deal for the money you pay.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
OhioDad (2492) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - JUN 14, 2005
12oz bottle as a bonus from beeryum - Thanks Dave! Pours golden with a healthy creamy white head. Aroma is of yeast and light malts. Flavor is pretty much light malts and some corn sweetness. On the palate this is light and refreshing. Definitely brewed with a summer day in mind. O.k. for the style but the style is definitely not my favorite.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
SSSteve (3899) - - JUN 13, 2005
UPDATED: APR 9, 2015 3/15 can. clear gold under a white head. full bodied and creamy. cereal and vanilla flavors.

yeasty bland aroma. yellow color. white creamy head. corn and grain flavor. nothing interesting. but i guess its true to style. 3/3/3/2/7 - 6/13/05.

-- re-rate -- crystal clear gold under a small white head. corny tangy touch of citrus aroma. flavor is very grainy and corny. pretty bland. my opinion hasnít changed. 10/08

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
LilKem (1213) - Marietta, Ohio, USA - JUN 13, 2005
I was kinda disappointed by this from Terrapin as everything else I have had from them pretty much ruled. However, the thin gold color and pale ale flavors of corn and some weird yeasty flavors... i could have done without this, but i guess thats what makes me a ratings whore. :-P

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
21iceman40 (1732) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 13, 2005
Clearish Golden color, extremely transparent. Fairly decent sized head that is very white. Light sweet corn aroma, not canned corn swill aroma, but true sweet corn. Really light, slightly creamy, it really tastes like im drinking rotten whippen cream. Not good after the great stuff i had from terrapin.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
lotsobeer (3) - athens, Georgia, USA - JUN 8, 2005 does not count
I have so far appreciated every beer that terrapin brewing company has came out with and look forward to the release of the american imperial pilsner. The cream ale was absolutely disgusting. The hole beer except for the appearence was horrible. The deciding factor, in my opinion, was that it was due to the bottling. The cream ale is pretty good on draft, well considerably better compared to the bottle.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
beeryum (652) - Norcross, Georgia, USA - JUN 7, 2005
12oz bottle and draft. I love Terrapin, but cream ales arenít my thing. Clear gold pour with white head. Honeyish sweet aroma that is not strong. Light malty and creamy taste. Good cream ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
rajendra82 (972) - Alpharetta, Georgia, USA - JUN 3, 2005
I spotted this beauty for the first time today at my local package store in bottles, so I had to grab a six pack. As I poured the chilled bottle into the obligatory Pilsner glass, I observed a crystal clear, golden yellow, well carbonated beer with a smallish head. While the look was similar to many macro lagers, the smell was that of a much better crafted beer, with the sweet honey like malts touched by a hint of hops. The presence of slight cooked corn smell was the only distracting point, but based on the description on the neck label, this was likely intentional. The taste was delicate, and far from simplistic. The sweet malts and corn juice were balanced well by the bitterness of the hops. Light and clean, without being grainy or bland, this beer will be well liked by most newcomers to the craft scene. The body was silky smooth and flawless in the mouthfeel department despite the low strength. As the label proclaims, like sunshine in a glass. Never will I have to revert to a macro again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Hangover (1086) - Atlanta, Alabama, USA - JUN 3, 2005
Poured a clear golden with a very small and quickly diminishing head. Relatively weak aroma with some faint fruit as advertised. Taste is of sweet malts, but very mild. Creamy mouthfeel makes me wish I could try it on tap rather than from a bottle. Decent crisp finish. OK. Cream ales are a pretty weak style to begin with, in a cream ale all I really like are the ones heavy on vanilla, which this one isnt. Iím also comparing it to this breweries Pale Ale which is one of those beers I always have on hand.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
PorterPounder (5952) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAY 28, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 31, 2005 12 oz bottle, Holmes Liquors, Dalton, Ga. Pours a pale golden with little to no head. Slightly stale aroma, some buttery notes. Flavor is slighlty salty, some butter and slight bitterness, none overly pronounced. Smooth drinking, just not too exciting. Decent mouthfeel, has some crispness to it.