RATINGS: 1045   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
We Consider this an extreme version of an American Pale Ale. It has a very up front floral and citrus aroma from a late cascade addition and dry hopping with Amarillo. This beer also has a big malt background to balance the bitterness of the hops. The rye malt cleans up your palette after you swallow so the hop flavor does not stick in your mouth too long.
Now available in bottles.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
bu11zeye (12367) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - SEP 21, 2004
(Draught) Pours a golden-orange with a small white head. Mild hoppy flavor. Medium body with somewhat bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SpringsLicker (3289) - Tennessee, USA - SEP 21, 2004
This has a nice copper color and makes a decent white head. The aroma is nice, hoppy and floral yet different in some way. Hops are there in the flavor, but malt comes through nicely. Very smooth with a nice aftertaste. One of the few beers that has a commercial deScription that accurately describes it. I like this one. While it’s not a hop monster, there is some flavor here and it doesn’t come off as being thin and watery.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
altair (1) - USA - SEP 13, 2004 does not count
Jax said this would substitute for Bass for the Tan in Black’n’Tan at my bday party. Said we would na be dissappoi9nted and were they right!! My bro and I tapped the keg at 1400 the guests arrived at 1800 and we turned them in at 0400. Hoppy fresh with rye taste, loved by all. Still good the next night when I foated the keg.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - SEP 13, 2004
Poured straw with a thin white head...smelled very floral with peppery spiciness to it, but also a citrusy tartness...this was not hoppy at the back of the mouth or just as you swallow...this was hoppy as soon as it hit the tip and front sides of my tongue, I honestly am yet to find a beer that does that...I have never actually tasted hops on my sweet or salty taste buds before...don’t get me wrong, this was not a hoppy beer, cannot be too many IBUs, but it was just different...clean dry finish...this is perhaps the best commercial deScription I have ever read, then tried...it is my rating...thanks for the beer Matt!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jsquire (3866) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - SEP 5, 2004
Golden color out of the bottle with a fizzy white head and a hoppy nose with lemons in it. Dark caramel sweetness with a rye grain flavor and a strong hop/lemon citrus finish. Nice beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
willblake (2654) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - SEP 5, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 10, 2009 09.04.04 12oz bottle courtesy goldtwins. The pour is an orange tinged gold with a fine, off-white head. Lots of visible eff persistently streaming, I love that. Hoppy, sweet nose, grainy. Soft body, quick finish. Fresh, floral flavors, bright. I don’t really get any rye in the flavor - too bad, I like rye. Thanks, Larry! 20090610 bump for appreciation’s sake. Thank goodness I found this stuff in six packs in Huntsville, AL.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
11026 (1772) - Alabama, USA - SEP 2, 2004
Bottle. Poured an orange color. No head, no lacing. Aroma is floral, some citrus hop notes. Taste is rather crisp and clean. Nothing lingering to long. Medium bodied or lighter. Decent.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
DocLock (8798) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 25, 2004
Thanks to goldtwins for this one. Pours dark straw, with a small, creamy white head. Aroma of malt, some hops, fruit, and rye bread. Tastes malty, dry, with slight hops and citrus at the finish. Medium-bodied mouthfeel, while crisp, and a finishing dryness, accompanied by hops and citrus.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JoeM500 (1908) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - AUG 24, 2004
Clear orange with a thin white head that dissipates quickly. Slight ryeness in nose, mostly cascade hints. Medium bodied, light on any flavor, somewhat bitter at the finish. Very average with no offensive qualities. The cascade in the nose is the best part!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
jaymobrown (1782) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 23, 2004
Hoppy yeast cracker nose. Dry, bitter, mild. Just mostly a dry, fairly flavorless, bubbly beer.