overall

RATINGS: 989   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.47   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
We Consider this an extreme version of an American Pale Ale. It has a very up front floral and citrus aroma from a late cascade addition and dry hopping with Amarillo. This beer also has a big malt background to balance the bitterness of the hops. The rye malt cleans up your palette after you swallow so the hop flavor does not stick in your mouth too long.
Now available in bottles.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
LilKem (1213) - Marietta, Ohio, USA - JUN 3, 2005
This was awesome. I had the rye squared before I tried this and I wish I could have had them side by side in a comparison. Had this on tap at Mellow Mushroom Marietta. I loved the hoppy flavors coming through on this, orange and lemon flavors peeking through as well. Great orange color with nice white head. Good full body and nice awesome clean finish. I could enjoy this any time. Was surprised, yet way pumped, to find such a hoppy Pale Ale on the East side of the US

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - JUN 3, 2005
this was pretty bad ass, did not remind me of a pale ale, this was a straight up IPA. Nice, thick, bright cloudy sunset orange color. Big time hops in the aroma, lots of wet citrus tones. Very nice body to it, big time hops, very smooth. This had the stuff to hang with any of the beers in cali, hell ya, go terrapin.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Fish (440) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 3, 2005
Had this on tap at Barley’s. The most impressive Pale Ale I’ve tried in a while. Gorgeous hoppy aroma. Deep orange-gold color with a pale head. Very nice citrus fruity hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
SubstanceT (1092) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - MAY 2, 2005
Okay, this was very good. I am actually surprised that this is not rated as high as I expected. Amber in colour with no head. The nose is hoppy but not overly. the taste is just about the same. Nothing really stands out with this but it is very mello and just very enjoyable. If I could get ahold of this readily this would replace SNPA as my regular out beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Alcoholist (570) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - APR 30, 2005
Quite floral for an APA. Rye bite is definitely present but balanced with bready malts. A good session beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MullMan (1099) - New Jersey, USA - APR 18, 2005
on tap at the mellow mushroom. cloudy golden amber with thin creamy off-white head. slight hop & rye grain aroma. flavor is hoppy, rye malt. bitter in the middle. medium carbonation. a little citrusy/grapefruit. finsih is slightly bitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerandBlues2 (9068) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - APR 18, 2005
Pours bronze with a small white head. Malty aroma with hop notes and oranges. Flavor is apple hop with citrus tones throughout. Crisp palate, mild.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
robpet (98) - Stone Mountain, Georgia, USA - APR 16, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 2, 2005 Poured a nice amber color with an off white head. Pineapple nose and flavor. Palate was only decent. Alcohol flavor is a bit too much. Good bitter finish. Not all that impressed. RE-RATE: I know it has been a short time, but given that I find myself craving this brew, I needed to re-rate. It is quite unique and it has won me over.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Bigsilky (327) - Charleston, USA - APR 15, 2005
Excellent. Just a great beer. I love the use of rye, and scary grain to brew with. It rides the complex hop palate all the way through to a dry and crisp finish. The off-sweet malt leads into a citrusy and slightly spicy fresh flavor. Excellent balance, not to heavy, and not a hop-monster either. It’s nice to see someone get a style just right.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dfb78 (1) - Georgia, USA - APR 14, 2005 does not count
Excellent PA. Right under Stone IPA in my opinion. Full bodied taste, and a hint of sweet maltiness.