overall

RATINGS: 1036   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
We Consider this an extreme version of an American Pale Ale. It has a very up front floral and citrus aroma from a late cascade addition and dry hopping with Amarillo. This beer also has a big malt background to balance the bitterness of the hops. The rye malt cleans up your palette after you swallow so the hop flavor does not stick in your mouth too long.
Now available in bottles.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - MAR 15, 2005
.Bottle from Beeryum, Poured golden amber, with a tight, fizzy head. Aroma of sweet sappy hops. Sticky like spruce. WOW! This is a very nice Rye P A. There is cascade hops, but they are not up front and in your face, only complimentary, ( do not love them). Crisp, clean, and sweet and bread. This would be Great in summer, when even a stout lover would pass on the heavy stuff in 90 degree weather. Try this

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jtw (1139) - farmington, Michigan, USA - MAR 13, 2005
bottle from goldtwins. interest smell of malt, cascade hops, some spicy rye. loads of pale malts and some hops, but the rye makes a dry finish. not hoppy like a full-blown APA but this is a good beer that bends the style guidelines.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Sham (1845) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAR 12, 2005
Gold/amber, a light fflimy head and spots of lace. Bitter and floral hop nose. Toasted biscuits. Some rye, but a bitter citrusy finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 11, 2005
Got this one on a trade via mail. Pretty damn good pale ale. I wish I could buy this on Long Island. It has just a hint of rye flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Oakes (13426) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 10, 2005
Golden-brown colour. Rich hoppy aroma. Citrusy character with light toasty malt hints.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
mrkimchee (1414) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 8, 2005
nice orange colour with a lacy white head. big floral and citrusy(lemongrass?) hop aroma with some toasty, bready malts. the flavour seems a it more subdued than the aroma and there was only a faint hint of rye in the finish. over all still a tasty pale ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
wpp83 (64) - Athens, Georgia, USA - FEB 19, 2005
Good grassy aroma with just enough sweet maltiness to balance it out. My overall impression of the flavor was good, kind of reminded me of a slightly different hoppy monster, but on the whole good. Started sweet and moved into a more citrusy, hoppy flavor lasted to the finish. Texture was as one person described it "buttery". Good brew.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
SSSteve (3927) - - FEB 17, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 8, 2005 sweet lively citrusy aroma. taste is equally as lively as the scent. taste is citrus similar to a mandarin orange. sparkles on the tongue goes down very refreshing. unique.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
legion242 (2332) - Richardson, Texas, USA - FEB 10, 2005
First. I must apologize to this beer- I drank you in one of the worst beer bars I have ever experienced: Taco Mac. Perhaps if I had had you in a more respectable establishment, you would have tasted better.But I ad serious questions regarding the cleanliness of the glass and the waiter pissed me off. I will try you again soon, I promise.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - FEB 9, 2005
Thanks to Degrath for giving me this one.

Pours a hazy pumpkin body and a fluffy eggshell head. The aroma and flavore are rather malty… notes of caramel and other sweet grains. There is a bit of hoppyness here, with notes of spruce and pine chips. There is a great butteryness texture to the body… very creamy. This fully reminds me of Honey Nut Cheerios but with a crisp lightly hoppy bite in the finish… This is rather enjoyable. Just what I needed to calm my rather anticipation ridden and demanding afternoon. Man, That MoFo better call or fax me by 6:00pm or I’ll be pretty pissed!
Now back to work! : (