overall

RATINGS: 149   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 23   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Peanut Butter Chocolate Porter dry-hopped with Georgia peanuts.
Melt into another dimension with Terrapin’s newest Side Project… “Liquid Bliss”. This chocolate, peanut-butter porter concoction flows like a river of self-indulgent righteousness deep into the depths of your innermost childhood memory. Turn on, tune in, and drop out of this world for a tongue tripping experience of flavors never before so eloquently combined in a liquid or solid form.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
stoody5000 (4) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 29, 2013 does not count
Tried this beer the other night. Had a nice silkyness to it. Very dark color and good strong chocolate presence.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
PhillyCraft (3071) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 11, 2012
On tap at Barcade w/ Allen. Pours deep pitch black color with small but creamy beige head that dissipated quickly. Notes of vanilla, chalk, citrus, chocolate, malts, nuts and the peanut butter really came about as the glass warmed. Smooth as can be and drinkable for a porter. Very nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
ben4321 (3759) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - DEC 14, 2012
Location: 22 oz bottle from Sparrow-Downtown, 12/14/12

Aroma: Pretty much what I expected, chocolate malts and peanut butter (the chocolate is stronger)
Appearance: It pours a dark brown color with a small light brown head, that leaves light spotty lace
Flavor: The flavor is pretty much the same, chocolate, peanut butter, and a mild earthy bitterness
Palate: This one is fairly creamy, not chunky! (Yes, I know, I know, that was a terrible joke, but I just could not resist), this beer has a soft carbonation, and a smooth feeling medium-plus body to it
Overall Impression: As a fan of everything peanut butter and chocolate, I was extremely excited for this one, even though part of me was a bit skeptical as to how it would work in a beer. They proved my skepticism was unnecessary, as it really worked in a beer. Novelty? Absolutely? Novelty that works? Absolutely! Nothing else really needs to be said, obviously I’m a sucker for it.

DocLock (7703) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 4, 2013
Bomber from Capone’s. Pours turbid thick jet blackish with 2-finger tan head. Nose was roasty choc malty, nuts, cacao. Tasted rich, with big notes of cacao, nuts, peanut oil, roasty dark malt, and a true overall feeling of drinking a liquid Reese cup, albeit not as sweet. This one was a true delight.

hamilton23 (603) - Alpine, California, USA - JAN 4, 2013
Poured from 22oz bottle. Pours dark brown with just a touch of beige head. Aroma is Reeses peanut butter cups. Taste follows. A really tasty beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerIamBlog (20) - - NOV 17, 2012
I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. And I love beer. So my expectations were sky high for this beer. Smells of chocolate but not much peanut. First taste I taste a peanut butter cup! It's subtle, but it's there. At the end of the bottle, was this a good beer? yes. Was it the in your face peanut and chocolate as I expected? no. But I still enjoyed it and am wishing I bought a few more bottles. - check out more at www.beeriam.com

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jrob21 (2464) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - NOV 23, 2012
Bomber. Deep black color with a tan head. A more flavorful and entertaining porter with some nicer subtle complexities. The peanut butter does come through in the flavor a bit and the chocolate is certain as well. Soma has a touch of candy sweetness as well. One if the better side projects to date.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Suttree (5013) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 7, 2012
Black, thin brown head. Smells like, well, chocolate and peanut butter. And Nutella. I also got Nutella. Very rich, smoooove palate. Taste is chocolatey Peanut butter goodness. Very unique, very enjoyable. On tap, Suttree’s Tavern.

MmmcKay (1051) - Brentwood, Tennessee, USA - DEC 8, 2012
Have had this twice now and have liked it both times. I think they balanced the peanut butter, chocolate, and roasty porter flavors quite well. Never once was I off put by any overly sweet or artificial flavors. The body of the beer is a bit light for a typical Terrapin Side Project. I think everyone wants to compare this to an Imperial Stout but it simply isn’t that. This is a porter, admittedly a chocolate porter, but there isn’t anything imperial about it. Those who are complaining that the beer isn’t heavy enough are missing the point. They added opulent flavors to a beer in a delicate way with a great deal of finesse and success. This is quite drinkable. I’ll buy some more for myself. Well done.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Imaena (1789) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - DEC 21, 2012
Bottle. The peanut butter is subtle and nearly unpredictable (to me) under the hops and malts. The chocolate is prominent though - tastes as if cacao nibs were involved rather than cocoa powder. I also appreciate the 6.7% abv which allows for a mellower brew and head space for an extra beer if your up for it.