overall

RATINGS: 1145   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 50   EST. CALORIES: 282   ABV: 9.4%
Wake-n-Bake is brewed with coffee roasted by Jittery Joe’s Coffee in Athens, GA. Terrapin and Jittery Joe’s built a unique coffee blend specific for this big Imperial Stout. You can purchase the actual Terrapin Wake-n-Bake coffee blend at Jittery Joe’s or online in 12oz. coffee cans.”

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
hopwine (666) - brooklynzzzzz, New York, USA - JAN 2, 2016
Brownie, dark roast coffee, raisin, cookie dough, nesquick. Body is a bit thin.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
k0mpsa (2349) - Tuusula, FINLAND - DEC 31, 2015
Bottle from whole foods, orlando. Black color, smooth brown head. Aroma has coffee, roasted malts, some oat, chocolate. Nice roasty body, chocolate, lots of coffee.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
nittanyjim (102) - - DEC 26, 2015
Opaque black with a thin brown head. Overwhelming coffee nose. Strong coffee flavor, some minor bitterness, burnt taste throughout. Burnt coffee finish. Expected it to be a little more thick, but not bad mouthfeel. Excellent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
kingaugusta (194) - Georgia, USA - DEC 21, 2015
Pours near black with a quick brown head. Nose is fairly subdued and full of chocolate and coffee. This is a super rich sweet stout with chocolate foremost on the palate. Very creamy and tasty with alcohol well hidden. Very good beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
e303 (286) - - DEC 19, 2015
Wonderful coffee forward stout. This smells so damn good. The coffee in this beer is huge. In the nose, in the taste, big roasty coffee. Super smooth. Love it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

FROMTHEBOTTLE (64) - Ontario, CANADA - DEC 17, 2015
12oz bottle Pour is midnight black. Head is thin and brief. Aromas of roasted malt and especially fresh brewed coffee. Hints of chocolate and vanilla that finish with slight to moderate bitterness. Not much body for 9.4%abv imperial stout. Would have preferred a little more depth and body. I can see why this is highly rated.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
matty (340) - Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 11, 2015
12 oz. bottle. Pours a midnight black color with a brief tan head that leaves a little lacing. Aroma is of straight, freshly brewed black coffee. Full bodied, the taste is doesn’t make itself noticed until just at the swallow. Roasted coffee with a touch of warming alcohol at the back is primarily the taste. Bitterness from the coffee on the sides that linger after the swallow. After 30-40 minutes, the coffee taste fades and the alcohol becomes a bit more noticeable. Good beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
RLiddell (100) - Valrico, Florida, USA - DEC 3, 2015
Son tap at Kilted Mermaid, Vero Beach. Pours a deep, rich mahogany with a light tan head that dissipates rapidly. Nose is coffee and dark chocolate. Taste follows with a hint of bitterness on the back end. Really enjoyed this!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
MetalNHopHead (1250) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - NOV 29, 2015
Many thanks to my good friend HuskerTan for giving me the 2014 vintage of Wake-n-Bake (ABV: 9.4%). Thanks also to jbruner who sent this beer to him. That was like an Inception-style thank you... or something. I’m the type of person who tends to think coffee beers should be drank fresh. I was nervous about how well the roasted coffee character would hold up after a year. My concerns were misplaced. Wake-n-Bake has everything I love in a... Imperial Stout? Oatmeal Stout? Coffee Stout? Damn you for complicating things, Terrapin. Anyway, this beer is redolent of dark coffee, dark chocolate, and smooth malty oatmeal goodness. That mouthfeel, though. Smooth, creamy, rich, warm, full. I’m running out of adjectives. Worse, I’m running out of this beer. That’s the real crisis here.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
HuskerTan (1521) - Kearney, Nebraska, USA - NOV 23, 2015
(Thanks, James! "jbruner") A- Black coffee, chocolate, roasty. A- Black color, black liquid, brown head. T- Coffee, cocoa, roasty, slightly bitter. P- Full body, average texture, average carbonation, O- First off, I love coffee beers so this has been a huge want for me. James sent me two and only after I gifted one to jbuskirk did I realize he had sent me a Vintage 2014 and fresh 2015. Had I known, jbuskirk and I would’ve shared them side by side. But I didn’t pay enough attention. Oops. Jared got the 2014 and I had the 2015. This beer started off smelling mostly of chocolate and faint coffee. As it warmed the coffee grew intensely on the aroma and palate. There is a lingering coffee like bitterness on the finish that isn’t bad but makes me think I’d enjoy a year of age on it better. All in all, this was my kind of beer.