RATINGS: 1117   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
Wake-n-Bake is brewed with coffee roasted by Jittery Joe’s Coffee in Athens, GA. Terrapin and Jittery Joe’s built a unique coffee blend specific for this big Imperial Stout. You can purchase the actual Terrapin Wake-n-Bake coffee blend at Jittery Joe’s or online in 12oz. coffee cans.”

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
FURLYSURIOUS (263) - Orono, Minnesota, USA - JUL 24, 2012
Big thanks to crunkchiggin2002 for sending a 4 pack of this goodness my way! Such a classic label. Poured from bottle to snifter, vintage 2011: Pours a thick muddy brown coffee colored body, producing a solid finger of milky light brown head. Absolutely perfect lacing. The nose smells like my breakfast: coffee (occasionally burnt), something in the toaster and some oatmeal if I feel like it. Really a great smelling beer. Doesn’t take any aggressive directions. The booze is dialed back, the coffee doesn’t overpower, the oats tie the two together. So smooth on the tongue. Mild coffee presence, pushing bitter. The velvety mouthfeel + the oats make for a magical combo. I wish the flavor profile was a bit more complex to be honest. Overall, so glad to have had the chance to try this one. Thanks Bill!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jbuskirk (934) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - NOV 29, 2015
Many thanks to my good friend HuskerTan for giving me the 2014 vintage of Wake-n-Bake (ABV: 9.4%). Thanks also to jbruner who sent this beer to him. That was like an Inception-style thank you... or something. I’m the type of person who tends to think coffee beers should be drank fresh. I was nervous about how well the roasted coffee character would hold up after a year. My concerns were misplaced. Wake-n-Bake has everything I love in a... Imperial Stout? Oatmeal Stout? Coffee Stout? Damn you for complicating things, Terrapin. Anyway, this beer is redolent of dark coffee, dark chocolate, and smooth malty oatmeal goodness. That mouthfeel, though. Smooth, creamy, rich, warm, full. I’m running out of adjectives. Worse, I’m running out of this beer. That’s the real crisis here.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
HuskerTan (1160) - Kearney, Nebraska, USA - NOV 23, 2015
(Thanks, James! "jbruner") A- Black coffee, chocolate, roasty. A- Black color, black liquid, brown head. T- Coffee, cocoa, roasty, slightly bitter. P- Full body, average texture, average carbonation, O- First off, I love coffee beers so this has been a huge want for me. James sent me two and only after I gifted one to jbuskirk did I realize he had sent me a Vintage 2014 and fresh 2015. Had I known, jbuskirk and I would’ve shared them side by side. But I didn’t pay enough attention. Oops. Jared got the 2014 and I had the 2015. This beer started off smelling mostly of chocolate and faint coffee. As it warmed the coffee grew intensely on the aroma and palate. There is a lingering coffee like bitterness on the finish that isn’t bad but makes me think I’d enjoy a year of age on it better. All in all, this was my kind of beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jnol2238 (1) - West Virginia, USA - NOV 21, 2015 does not count
First of all I’m addicted to coffee and stouts so this beer is easily a win for me. Strong coffee aroma and taste/finish with chocolate/oat undertones. Has bitter coffee finish. Very smooth for high ABV and not nearly as heavy as most other oatmeal stouts. My review was of recently tapped keg so cannot comment on cans/bottles. Great cold weather brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Goodgrief (1907) - Middletown, Delaware, USA - NOV 16, 2015
4-pack of bottles from State Line. On the third bottle and am enjoying these. Pour is dark, small head and ruby edged foam. Aroma of chocolate syrup. But the flavor is rich and thick coffee, some cocoa nibs. Not as huge as some of the other imperials and the relatively "light" 8% abv shows. Moderately carbonated, tingles on the tongue. I’ve wanted to try this for years, as I love a heavy coffee stout, not disappointed.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Tstamba (516) - Maryland, USA - SEP 7, 2015
Draft at Klobys. Pours black with thin tan head. Lots of coffee on the nose. The coffee dominates the palate and overshadows the beer. Could probably tone the coffee down a few notches...

Martinus (4285) - Baarle-Nassau, NETHERLANDS - AUG 31, 2015
Black, white head. Malty aroma, coffee, loads of coffee, raisins, oats. Bitter flavour, chocolate, malts and coffee. Finish bitter coffee, chocolate, quite balanced.
(from 35.5cL bottle @ Let’s drink all of Rich’s American beers Tasting. Thanks for sharing, omgrich!)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
tderoeck (6906) - Gent, BELGIUM - AUG 26, 2015
15/VIII/15 - 12Fl. Oz. bottle @ We’re drinking all of Rich’s American beers tasting - BB: n/a, 2013 vintage (2015-1069) Thanks to omgrich for sharing the bottle!

Clear very dark brown to black beer, creamy irregular beige head, little stable, bit adhesive. Aroma: lots and lots of coffee, roasted. MF: soft carbon, medium to full body. Taste: sweet start, very roasted, coffee, bit sugary. Aftertaste: little bitter, nice roast, sourish touch, caramel, sweet, lots of coffee. Too much for me...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
KansaiBeerLvrs (3564) - Kyoto, JAPAN - AUG 24, 2015
At Rich’s Massive Cellar Emptying Tasting. 1 Wake & Bake 9.4% side by with 2 Wake & Bake Cinnamon 9.4%. 1 - Deep black reddish brown with a coffee beans and oatmeal aroma. Fairly light bodied with a bit of heat. It’s a nice straight up coffee beer. 3.7 2 - am preferring the nose on this, subtle cinnamon entwines nicely with the coffee. Light bodied, great coffee flavor and cinnamon. Really really nice. 4

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Tessic (985) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 23, 2015
This imp stout poured a deep black colour with a big, tan head. Scents include lots of coffee, dark chocolate and paint thinner? First swig was quite nice with lots of flavour. Coffee, cocoa and roasted Malta are most prominent. Finish is roasty as hell with coffee lingering.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
williamstome (1505) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 9, 2015
Black pour, minimal white head. Huge espresso and dark chocolate aroma, Flavor of roast, espresso, dark chocolate, with fruit notes. Damn.