overall
Carlsberg UK
Brewed at Tadcaster (MolsonCoors)

Style: Bitter
Northampton, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 277   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.67/5   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
Canned. Nitro and non-nitro.
Tetley’s Smoothflow (3.8%)Widget Can
A beer in the same style as its draught counterpart, but with a higher alcohol content to meet the needs of the home-based drinker.
Tetley’s Original (3.8%) Non Widget Can
A traditional style canned ale with a full-bodied hoppy flavour and a refreshing crispness on the palate.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
MiP (15183) - Sønderborg, DENMARK - FEB 1, 2007
Can, as Tetley’s English Ale, but at 3.8%. Thin flavour with a hint of green apple. Quite flat.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
gak111 (3) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - JAN 28, 2007 does not count
The nitro-can helps give the beer a large off-white creamy head that lasts a while. Body is the color of honey. Looks great. Aroma is very light - slight scent of malt and hops. Very light and thin with a smooth and creamy feel. Bitter at the start, but with a chemical aftertaste that grows as the beer warms up. Flavor is very disappointing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
marcus (8903) - Sacramento, California, USA - JAN 18, 2007
I had one of these for old time’s sake, in memory of time spent in the U.K. It still tastes just as plain and thin as in the pubs, but it’s even worse in the can. This is a good one only if you want to drink a lot of beer (and spend a lot of time in the loo).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mjg74 (2953) - La Mesa, California, USA - NOV 1, 2006
Can from Big Lots. Pours a clear golden brown color with that cool nitro foam. Sweet malty aroma with alot of bitter graininess. Alot of bitter grains along with a creamy sweetness. Very smooth on the palate. Nice unassuming bitter .

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Borup (11037) - Albertslund, DENMARK - OCT 7, 2006
Can. Orange colour with anice creamy head. Aorma of fruit and malt. Flavour is malty an caramel with a bitter finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Gethinbeer (2452) - Nova Scotia, CANADA - SEP 23, 2006
UPDATED: JUN 5, 2008 From can of smoothflow, not the bitter. Sweet, honey aroma. Good creamy head, copper in colour with low carb. Smooth taste, a little dull. Not much going on. Chemical after taste, but I always find that with cans. This beer is better on tap.<Re Rate June 2008> near non existent aroma,Typical classic Tetley’s look. This time I found it a pretty spicy/herb appearance. Reminded me of a German ale. Crazy I know but I really enjoyed it this time,this could be because I have not drank this for so long.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
oldrtybastrd (4951) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - SEP 6, 2006
Pours a nice golden brown. Aromas of malt/fruit/little caramel. Flavor is like the nose caramel/malty with a light bitterness.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Jimthechap (2064) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - AUG 22, 2006
This is a beer I’d drink again, but only if I can have it on tap rather than the widget can that I had it in here in New Zealand. This beer just seemed a little bit musty in flavour to be truly enjoyable, but you almost have to be determined to want to drink another one. I don’t like making myself have to drink another beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Wild4mild (38) - USA - AUG 16, 2006
As close to this American can get to a hand pulled bitter in an old English pub. Sweet, fruity and the low carbonation is great. I drink this right out of the fridge until it is warm, and it still is awesome. A local chain called The Office used to have this alongside Guiness on the nitro tap and I was there all the time drinking it until I fell off the barstool. I guess my patronage wasn’t enough because it only lasted a couple of months. I don’t remeber what they replaced it with, probably Michelob amber Bock, or some other "macro made to look micro" swill. So now the best I can do is buy it in the can.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
fonefan (43244) - VestJylland, DENMARK - AUG 14, 2006
Can. Orange colour with a off-white head. Malty aroma and a bitter dry taste. Medium body and a light sweet bitter dry finish.