Texas Select Non-Alcoholic Beer

overall

RATINGS: 22   MEAN: 1.86/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.07   EST. CALORIES: 15   ABV: 0.5%

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
shaynsawchuk (475) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 13, 2014
355 mL bottle. Pours clear yellow with a short lived white head. Crackery malt on the nose with a hint of molasses and possibly hops. Watery and thin. light bodied with average carb. No off flavors, but no ’on flavors’ either.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
degbert (1113) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAY 13, 2014
Bottle. Pours a very pale yellow with a high, white head. Nose is mostly malic with a little burnt sugar behind it. On the tongue, it’s mostly caramel, burnt sugar, and roasted grain -- there’s actually some hops to it, though, and none of the tinfoil I’ve gotten with other n/a brews. Finish is acceptable if bland. For what it is, it’s decent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
ccrios (1) - Texas, USA - APR 23, 2014 does not count
I too love this beer, I have tried O’Douls, Kaliber and several others and this one seems to taste the best for me. I really wish more NA beers were manufactured and sold in places - would mean more $$ for people who catered to those of us who love NA beer and are willing to pay for it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
maekchu (2123) - Hirakata, JAPAN - JAN 14, 2013
Can from local Yamaya. Big molasses nose. Very pale straw, wacky bubbles of several different sizes floating up at various rates of speed. Molasses, cardboard; very mild sweet mid palate; diminishes quickly with a small carb burn. Thin body. One of the better low-alc brews (whatever that means). I suppose I could drink it very cold on a very hot day.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
llcooldave (1081) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - JUN 23, 2011
Pale straw in color. Looks like a regular beer. Tastes slightly sweet with a hint of hops that’s barely detectable. Very interesting toasted nutty aroma. Different than what I was expecting. Overall, it’s not bad... the only thing missing is the alcohol "bite" to it.

dvertex (1) - Texas, USA - MAY 1, 2011 does not count
I really like Texas Select NA. I am a NA drinker so i bring that perspective with me. Of all of the NA beers I have tried, Texas Select Non-Alcoholic is the best tasting and is a great value. I drink NA because of a lifestyle choice and appreciate the fact that Texas Select is a NA beer company focused on this lifestyle.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Fratto (2616) - Arlington, Texas, USA - NOV 23, 2010
Bottle from the Kroger on Lamar. One of the few places in Arlington with mixed sixers. Pours light yellow with a massive, white bubbly head. I can smell the nastiness from a foot away. Taste is as gross as possible up front, but then promptly disappears with no finish. These guys have no compassion. When you sign up, you sign your soul over to the devil.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SudsMcDuff (5824) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - DEC 19, 2009
Wow! That’s a great load off me mind. Now, if you wouldn’t mind telling me who the fuck you are, apart from someone who feeds people to pigs of course!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Cletus (6354) - Connecticut, USA - OCT 3, 2009
Can courtesy of ericandersnavy. Pours gold with a thin white head. Smells perfumy and slightly skunky and appley with a dry malt presence. Tastes sweet and creamy with some spicy hints and a candy apple finish. Not bad for what it is.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
chrisok (77) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - SEP 22, 2009
Very pale yellow. Smells of corn and sugar. Tastes very sweet, much like corn syrup. Palate was thin and unimpressive. Overall, this was bad even for a non-alcohol.