The Bruery Do It To It Gruit

Formerly brewed at The Bruery
Style: Traditional Ale
Placentia, California USA

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 2.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.64   ABV: -
Take unhopped Saison Rue wort, add wormwood, sage, rosemary, and yarrow and voila! Do It To It Gruit. Each of these unique ingredients was at one time thought to have its own use in traditional medicine to help one reach a higher plane. We don’t know if they were wrong or right, but it sure is fun to experiment!

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
brokensail (11077) - Orange County, California, USA - SEP 9, 2010
A: The pour is a very muddy dark golden orange color with no head at all. S: The nose is almost all rosemary and sage. There is a slight woodiness to the beer as well. Smells like a good rub for a roasted chicken. T: Blegh, this is nearly undrinkable. I’ve had a few gruits before and while they’re not my favorite, I find them to be enjoyable. This one is just pure rosemary and sage herbal flavor with a slight spiciness. M: The body is somewhat thin and watery with very minimal carbonation from the cask. D: This would be better served by being boiled down and used as a gravy or sauce for a roast of some sort. Definitely not something I want to drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
LtDan (1784) - Los Angeles County, California, USA - AUG 9, 2010
Appearance: Pours a cloudy amber with floaties and swirls. Aroma: Big sage and flowers, men’s cologne. Taste: Cologne, oregano, sage, chamomile, toasted seeds. Mouthfeel: Watery Overall: I couldn’t finish this puppy. Not drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
kegbear (436) - Orange, California, USA - AUG 6, 2010
Cask at The Bruery. Copper color with off white head. Herbal aroma. This is not like anything I’ve ever had before. Strong herbal bitters flavor. Rosemary, floral, juniper and other flavors that I can’t really describe. This had a nice bite to it which I liked. I was glad I got to try this!