The Bruery Tai Kon

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.58/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
If you’ve been around the brewery recently, you’d know that we have been working on a Nano Series beer based on one of our favorite non-alcoholic beverages: Thai Iced Tea. We’re calling the beer Thai Kon and as Thai Iced Tea is traditionally served over ice with condensed milk, we’ll be following that tradition in our tasting room. Serving the beer flat, over ice and with condensed milk -- Tai Kon, which will be released this Friday, is certainly one of the most unique beers we’ve ever created and should be a refreshing treat on a warm afternoon.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
dwyerpg (4918) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - APR 22, 2013
I’d seen the girls drinking this all night long and I thought "wtf?’. Looks like a liquid version of Creamsicle/Thai Ice Tea. I liked it. A lot. A bit sour with a creamy flavor and goes down amazingly smooth. Way different than I expected but blew me away.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
JohnnyJ (5079) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 11, 2013
I had this at the Bruery. A milky reddish orange color, with rather gross looking whitish milky bubbles, and no carbonation. Strong tropical fruit flavor, guava, passion fruit, mango, herbal, sweet, and milk. I though I should have liked it, it tasted good accept it felt wrong and there is this rotting garbage taste mixed in with it. I was hoping to like it, but I couldn’t stand to drink much of this stuff, whatever "style" it is.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
brokensail (14042) - San Leandro, California, USA - MAR 4, 2013
I ordered it without ice. Milky carrot color, very bright orange, and no head or carbonation. Really bright tropical fruit aroma of guava, coconut, and passion fruit. Nice sugar and condensed milk sweetness, too. The flavor has a great balance of sweetness from the milk and sugar and a nice tartness on the finish. Great tropical flavors of coconut, guava, and passion fruit. Really enjoyed this.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
kegbear (436) - Orange, California, USA - MAR 2, 2013
Tap at The Bruery. Color of carrot juice. The aroma was of celery seed and herbs. Flavor was sweet, celery, vegetable and herb flavors. I was not a big fan of this one.