overall

RATINGS: 19   MEAN: 2.08/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
A full bodied brew with wild hops and lots of malt.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - JAN 14, 2004
Nice golden color with a small white head that managed to hang around for a short while then fade to nothing.Good carbonation,Surprisingly nice malt aroma with a faint hint of corn and maybe a mild fruit presence.The flavor was actually somewhat pleasant.Malty and fruity with a slight bite coming on from the alcoholThe corn manages to make an appearance in the middle and end with the brew being sweet throughout the tasting with a mild bitter sweet finish.Not bad for a Malt Liquor and definately better then most of the other malts i've tasted.Well worth trying.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
unclebleen (620) - California, USA - AUG 27, 2004
Pours a bright gold color with a small, quickly diminishing head. Aroma is light malt with some winld hops...well at least thatís what the bottle says. Flavor is really not that bad for a malt. In fact I'd classify it as good. Some corny notes and some malt. Really not that bad of a beer. Decent body and not jet-fuel-like as are some malts.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
pkbites (693) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 8, 2006
VERY interesting. Malt liquor that doesnít have that "thick" syrupy consistency, and is not so "sweet" that you canít drink more than one. I paid $1.48 for four 16 ounce cans at West Allis Liquor & Tobacco, 7218 W Greenfield Ave, West Allis, WI.. Thatís not bad when you consider itís the alcohol equivalent of a 6 pack of regular 5% beer. It has a nice, lightly fruity taste. The corn presence (in beer talk corn=SATAN!) is mild, and only appears as a light after-taste. Very malty to start, but no presence of hops/barley. At this price itís an EXCELLENT alcohol delivery system, and a refresher even if you donít intend to get drunk. Iím stunned! I mean it: I AM STUNNED!! Itís a cheap malt liquor that really isnít too bad! Give it a try!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
thedm (4952) - Fort Wayne, USA - OCT 13, 2004
This canned brew poured a large head of frothy fine to medium sized mostly lasting white colored bubbles that left behind a fair lacing. The body contained very soft carbonation, was transparent and light yellow orange in color. Its aroma contained notes of malt dough . Its mouth feel is initially tingly malty ML palate crisp with a lingering slightly tingly mellow palate and a malty aftertaste. Its flavor contained malty spicy hoppy notes and was.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
ChainGangGuy (4393) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - JUN 18, 2008
Appearance: Pours a clear, golden body with a small, white head. Smell: Floral hints mixed into some stale, low-sodium chicken broth with a dash of pool water. Taste: Ppale malts and a bit of bored grains sweetened with light corn syrup. Not much hop character beyond some slight floral hints, no real bitterness. Thankfully, itís not junked up with any overtly chemical flavors. Drying finish. Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied. Medium carbonation. Drinkability: Far from good, but thatís never the goal with malt liquors, though I will say itís far from terrible as well.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
hotstuff (4142) - Indiana, USA - NOV 7, 2004
Can. Poured a large white head with sparse lacing, transparent, fast rising carbonation, and a yellow hue. Aroma was malty, mild hops and sweet. Flavor was sweet, malty, smooth, watery, and thin. Mouthfeel was smooth, watery and thin. Light bodied beer. Not too bad for this style of beer IMO. There are a lot worse out there.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
pepsican (1447) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - DEC 7, 2012
Side by side with Wild Cat. Yellow. Flavor of corny, cereal grain, dough, and a bit of apple. Not much grape in this one. A bit stale really. Plenty of carbonation.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - APR 22, 2004
Pale yellow (yeah, you can see that thru the clear bottle), poured with a Humongus, soapy head that took awhile to diminish; very little lacing. Sweet tasting, like sugar. As a matter of fact, the palate had an almost granular feel to it, adding to the perception of sugar. Alcohol presence is pretty low actually - not harsh, but this is only 5.9%. Note - the picture on my label is exactly the same, but it's named WildCat - Brewed by Wildlife Brewing, Pittsburgh, PA. And the quote is quite funny: "A full bodied brew with Wild Hops and Lots of Malt!" Not the worst malt liquor - probably in the middle of the pack

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
CaptainCougar (7132) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - MAY 10, 2008
Pours a transparent golden with a thin wispy-lacing white head. Aroma of sweet pale malt and corn with some light fruity esters. Body starts slightly effervescent and adjuncty sweet before a thinner, slightly more bitter, warming finish. Not bad for a malt liquor I suppose.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
detroiter (958) - Euphoria, Minnesota, USA - JAN 21, 2007
I see a single can of The Cat Malt Liquor at the beer store. My brain reels. My eyesight blurs. My stomach churns. My tongue tries to hide. My sinuses clog. My wife gives me the look. And… And… …and my hand reaches for it. Why do I do this to myself? Strange, it pours a copper gold color that looks natural, almost inviting. Then I hold it up to the light and it looks just like a pale yellow macroadjunctlager. Then I put it down again and it is pretty once more. I decide not to lift it up again. But then I do - curiosity killed the cat! It is pale yellow again. It is also effervescent, with an eighth of an inch or so of fizzy white foam. I’ve been looking at it for several minutes now. The head has died down to just a thin layer of foamy bubbles. The foam does not cling to the sides of the glass. Dare I smell it? I dare. It is sweet smelling, perfumy and grapey. Is there such a thing as grape malt? The moment of truth has finally come: Now I have to taste it. One last sniff as it approaches my mouth. I set it down again. I’m just not ready. Deep breath. Then another. OK, here goes… It is um, well, it is… Second sip. It tastes better than it smells. It is bland, actually, and not sicky sweet, surprisingly. Third sip, and now a sweet grapyness kicks in. And green seedless table grape at that. Its not as bad as the aroma led me to believe, and its not cloying, but still it is not very pleasant. But it is light bodied and sweet in the aftertaste. It is much less carbonated than it appears that it should be. Well… I finished it. And while it didn’t take all nine of my lives, I’m not likely to take any more chances. Two of these would likely make me run to the litter box. Three would make me cough up hairballs. This cat ain’t purring.