overall

RATINGS: 377   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.45   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Gold Medal Winning Beer Brewed By A Band Of Brewers Whose Passion For Brewing Doesnít Stop When The Day Shift Is Over

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
docsteigs (542) - Texas, USA - APR 10, 2013
Pours thin and light for style. Taste actually true style but a little thin. Nothing bad but kind of boring.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Niko100 (2166) - Illinois, USA - APR 9, 2013
Nice amber color; Medium slightly creamy body; Aroma of caramel malt, & some hops; Flavor of slight sweet malt, caramel, hops, and some nuts; Nothing offensive - decent.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
riversideAK (5738) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - APR 8, 2013
Nose of soft caramel toasted malts soft hops. Golden amber pour thin white head. Flavors of soft caramel toast light sweetness soft hops clean finish. Pretty decent. Iíve had way worse I can tell you that.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
poisoneddwarf (1868) - Rathdrum, Idaho, USA - APR 8, 2013
12 oz bottle; got this from my brother-in-law. Pours a clear deep old gold (not amber) with a sustaining off-white head; laces really nicely, actually--not too common with beers from the Big 3; leaves a constant blanket of foam down to the last drop. Aroma is grainy, caramelly, whiff of vomit, wet dog, metal, minerally. Taste is thankfully an improvement over aroma. Itís lightly sweet with extremely faint bitterness in the finish. Bland, yet inoffensive flavor. Mouthfeel is creamy, body thin. When I tried this straight from the bottle, I thought it was horrible--cloying caramel malt is what I remember. Itís better out of a glass, but that aroma is definitely a detraction. Easy to chug this out of a Spaten stange. Simple, bland beer that is better if you donít stick your nose into the glass. As a sidenote, Iíd like to repeat what others have mentioned. What gold medal did this win? Itís weird that they donít mention that on the label. And who is this íBand of Brewersí with such a passion for brewing that they canít make a more interesting product than this? I know I wouldnít even be close to being proud of this beer if I were to homebrew something like this, so why are these so-called expert brewers so proud of it? I think itís obviously just marketing and this íBand of Brewersí likely doesnít even exist, but, you know, just saying...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
alassio (78) - USA - APR 8, 2013
Look at that commercial, with the cartoon brewers in perfect harmony - - a cool assembly of super-hip cognoscenti, concocting the ultimate super brew. WOW those cartoon people are cool, and brilliant - - so perfect, that their beer-creating moves are sublime choreography. This must be the best beer ever. I actually havenít had it. I would never buy desolate glam swill like this - - another thin suggestion of actual flavor, in an over-hyped frame. But I feel it is fair to rate it, since I already know what it tastes like - - it tastes like glamorized H2O with a smattering of more actual ingredients than their usual tasteless H20. So, I think this is a valid rating, though actually the total score may be actually too high - - but I simply canít help myself for overrating it, since it is is obviously so frickiní special.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BrewBoxer (2366) - New York, New York, USA - APR 7, 2013
Draft at the open door gastropub NYC. Amber color and malty taste that's crisp and smooth but with little complexity. I can see why it's made by coors ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MorganBaughman (147) - Long Beach, Mississippi, USA - APR 7, 2013
Had this at our second annual Easter Beer Hunt. A gold medal winner, and I can see why.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
ThisWangsChung (826) - Leonardtown, Maryland, USA - APR 7, 2013
Rated 4/1/13. 12 oz bottle poured into a tulip. A: Pours a clear amber color. The head is a two finger white shade. Given its roots, Iím actually kind of impressed by both the retention and the lingering lacing. S: Only thing notable here is some caramel malt augmenting the adjunct character. Meh. T: Just like the nose indicated, all thatís here is caramel sweetness and corn. Itís utterly simple and not entirely appealing - however, itís reasonably balanced and refreshing. M: Good crispness, but it feels too heavy on the palate. Easy enough to drink, I guess. O: Well, itís better than regular Coors/Coors Light...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Foxbush (1444) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - APR 6, 2013
12 oz bottle The ale poured a clear amber with a small head that did not stay long. The ale had the aroma of malts. The ale had a sweetness and lack of hops. The medium body ale had average carbonation. Not bad for a big brewer. Why are they afraid of adding more hops.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
mansquito (3927) - Nueva York, New York, USA - APR 6, 2013
Hop Devil Grill, NY tap ($7): Pours amber. Smells caramel malts. Taste is inoffensive. Slightly sweet. I didnít realize that this was macro when I ordered it, but I am not in the least bit surprised.