overall

RATINGS: 632   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.53   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
A robust porter, dark brown in color and full-bodied with a malty sweet taste. Deep roasted, yet silky-smooth! Two types of roasted malts, including deep-roasted chocolate malt are used to give this porter a rich, chocolately taste.

Kyauphie (1) - Washington DC, USA - AUG 28, 2012 does not count
I absolutely love the underlying chocolate and coffee sapor. It has a fantastic aroma of the same, with a beautiful rich, dark color and piquancy. It has a deep, smooth, sultry vim that I adore. I love Porters, but this is my favorite, though almost impossible to find, with that relish of my favorite, coffee and chocolate flavors.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - AUG 27, 2006
This was a spectacular porter! Nice rick dark porter color, body was perfectly balanced, nice amount of malt, with just a touch of hops. Flavor of chocolate/caramel/coffee. My new favorite porter...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
MickeyGMcBride (1) - USA - OCT 17, 2010 does not count
Very smooth beer. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Wish I had some more! ;-)

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
KiDAcE (35) - Canton, Ohio, USA - FEB 8, 2007
Maybe it’s just me and my liking of chocolate. This totally fits my tastes. The aroma was that of malts and powerfull chocolate but not overwhelming. The taste is a combination of chocolate and malts which I truly like. Even the finish is chocolate, carmelish and nutty. A fine brew.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
topquark (1) - Kentucky, USA - MAY 15, 2008 does not count
Outside of bottle is overkill. Inside is very nice with ever so slight hint of coffee.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Jfishback13 (275) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - JAN 6, 2011
Wonderful, tasty porter. Nice mouth-feel and roasty flavor. I love sweet, malty flavors and lower hops in my porter and this one fits the bill.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - MAR 10, 2006
Terrific! Lightly roasted malty flavor with a touch of sour apple. Deep garnet/brown in color with a miniscule head. Lots of light bitter chocolate in the flavor, some bitterness from hops, but a nice sweet maltiness that is very pleasant. Light in body makes this very quaffable. An A+ porter.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Kco (50) - USA - JAN 20, 2012
One of my my favorites from thirty dog. Dark redish brown color minimal head. Fruit aroma. Carmal and chocolate start with a light hop finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jmagnus87 (2732) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - MAY 8, 2012
12oz bottle poured into an english pint. Pours almost black with minimal head. Aroma is mostly chocolate and coffee. Taste is light bitter. Coffee and chocolate. Medium bodied with a thick texture. Lively carbonation and a long finish. Overall, awesome. I would love to drink this again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
MarkSachon (635) - Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 26, 2014
12 oz bottle. Plenty of coffee and coal flavors in a rich black hole of a brew. There is so much to like here you just have to call it perfect.