RATINGS: 253   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 62   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
We took our award winning Siberian Night Russian Imperial Stout and aged it for 11 months in fresh bourbon barrels. The result blew us away. The dark chocolate malt yields a milk chocolate flavor that blends perfectly with the vanilla flavor from the barrel. The bourbon aroma adds the finishing touch.
2013 vintage: 10.9% abv, 58 IBU

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
conway (2174) - - APR 12, 2015
Bottle. Jet black with a 1 finger mocha head. Intensely roasty with nice coffee flavors. Some oak, vanilla, dark fruit and chocolate support. Barrel character is subdued which really lets the base beer shine through. Rich sticky mouthfeel. Really excellent.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jake65 (3019) - Boise, Idaho, USA - APR 4, 2015
Bottle: Near black pour with a finger of creamy brown head… dissipates fairly quickly. Nose is sublime; bourbon and oak, chocolate, vanilla. Same translates to the taste… light roast and a swirling blend of flavor. Really nice. One of the better barrel treatments that I can remember. Creamy feel and a slightly heavier than average feel. Looking back I had the original eight years ago (scored a 4.4) and this is an equally impressive experience some 2200 ratings later… outstanding. Admittedly my tastes have changed and so has the way I rate beers… really stands out in this case. Thanks a ton to JStax for sending this a while back.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ineedbeer (1369) - Oakland, California, USA - APR 4, 2015
Poured from a 12 oz bottle. Aroma is roast forward with a light smokiness and a touch of smoked meat. Medium chocolate notes with some medium light bourbon character. Hints of oak and leather, some light sweet caramel. Pours black with a small, moderately thick, mocha head with good retention as it recedes to the edges where it lingers. Light lacing and moderate legs. Flavor is moderately sweet with some nice chocolate, caramel and burnt sugar. Hints of smoked meats and leather. Moderately high bitterness with low oak and bourbon. Medium roast character, stronger in the finish. Medium light alcohol spice as well. As it warms it becomes more roast forward with more leather and ash. Mouthfeel is medium full to full bodied with medium low carbonation. Low astringency and medium low alcohol warmth. Overall, a nice beer with balanced roast and chocolate notes. Good background bourbon notes. A slight meaty and soy sauce character, but it disappears mostly as it warms.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
madmitch76 (19648) - , Essex, ENGLAND - MAR 29, 2015
27th March 2015
Swan Song at Bruce’s. Opaque dark brown beer, tidy tan head. Palate is airy and semi dry. Mild fine carbonation. Dark chocolate malts, little dark fruits. Mild bitterness. Modest bourbon brings a little spice. Semi dry finish. Well joined up.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
The_Osprey (4235) - Richmond, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAR 28, 2015
Bottle share, thanks to Leighton. Pitch black, small ring of tan head. Aroma is vanilla fudge, a little oxidised, chocolate syrup. Body is medium, slightly foamy, very low carbonation. Taste is chocolate, ashy, dry, touch of alcohol coming through. Decent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Leighton (15381) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAR 27, 2015
Bottle shared in London - picked up in North Carolina. Pours black-brown with a creamy beige head. The nose holds burnt grains, cocoa, caramel, raisins. Medium sweet flavor with some gooey chocolate, peanut shells, earth, baking cocoa, dark fruits. Full bodied with fine carbonation. Lightly warming finish with more burnt grains, bittersweet chocolate, dark bread. Very nicely balanced overall.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Scopey (10037) - Croydon, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAR 27, 2015
UPDATED: MAR 28, 2015 Bottle thanks to Leighton. It pours darkest brown with a small tan head. The nose is soft, toasty cocoa, earth, burnt sugar, brownie, candy and burnt dirt. The taste is bitter, burnt roast, charred wood, spice, some astringency, booze, so dry.....cocoa and dirt with a dry finish. Full body and fine carbonation.a touch dry, but solid.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
cards04 (2472) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - MAR 26, 2015
A really great brew. Pours a thick inky black. Awesome aromas of bourbon, dark fruit, sherry. Tastes like whisky, a bit of sour cherry, vinous, sherry, dark fruit, dark chocolate, vanilla. Just a great beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
kathouse (1374) - Nevada, USA - MAR 23, 2015
Milk chocolate, vanilla, and bourbon aromas are so appealing. Beer is black with a light brown head. Thick and full mouthfeel is deep with oak, bourbon, vanilla, and a rich chocolate flavor that blends really well. The alcohol is noticeable but doesn’t overpower.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
lightbias (362) - USA - MAR 15, 2015
I open the bottle, and aroma erupts from the neck in a smorgasboard of scent: bourbon, a rich, nutty European chocolate, ash. I tip the bottle into the snifter and the liquid pours a viscous, black-brown color forming a deep cappuccino head on top, dense and soft. I sip at first; tasting. I experience a mirror of the aroma; I push the beer around my mouth with my tongue, bringing the experience to every surface and savoring every drop. Soon, I’m taking deep draws and filling my mouth with the creamy brew, hardly understanding that I only have a single, small bottle and that I shouldn’t be so greedy! The taste is dry, ashy and a tad bitter, but the balance is sweet, the bourbon creating a small nibble on the back on my tongue. The chocolate with a very subtle hint of vanilla comes in to sooth the bite and creates an extremely pleasant experience. I expected boozy and I get very little, considering the ABV, but I can definitely feel the warmth in the back of my throat (my chest, my cheeks, you get the picture). The finish is fairly long, but leaves me with a comfortable experience, so that I just really don’t mind having it stick around for a bit. A fantastic experience that would be mine more often if this were local!