overall

RATINGS: 1230   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.1   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 291   ABV: 9.7%
Creamy and full-bodied, with a complex character from generous amounts of roasted, toasted, and caramel malts. For those who demand flavor, this is the perfect libation. Bronze Medal winner 2003 GABF, Gold Medal winner 2005 GABF.

garrison (749) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - DEC 30, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 24, 2009 From a 12 ounce bottle -This one pours a pitch black liquid with a thick (but rapidly diminishing for a stout) brown head and a complex chocolate-alcohol-malt aroma. Tastewise, this is a perfect beer - rich, creamy in flavor, with a mocha-type body and a hell of a wallop to it! God bless my loving girlfriend Nancy for gifting me with this liquid ambrosia!

bigdogbrewing (9) - Delaware, Ohio, USA - MAR 6, 2005 does not count
What can I say. This is beer. Huge body, huge flavor, huge malt, hops just right to balance the sweetness. This is thick and chewy.

miahmiah00 (1) - USA - MAR 12, 2005 does not count
absolutely amazing stout beer... truely what beer should taste like.. loved every last drop of it.. just wish i had more on campus :)

DocLock (7481) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 16, 2005
The green eyes stare at me, wanting me to partake of the contents...almost daring me. As the beer ejaculates itself into the glass it produces a smallish dark tan head. It allows no light to pass through, presenting me with an ebony beauty that beckons me to take it.....now. The aroma is huge roast malt, chocoff, walnuts and almonds. A heavy, musky aroma that seeps into my cerebrum. As it reaches my tongue it avails its savory flavors to my eager mouth and lips......huge molasses, roasty malt, chocoff, rauchiness, licorice, hazelnuts.....all the aromas signify that it is ready for swallowing. As it hits the back of my throat, it opens up with a very dense palate, exposing tons of chocolate syrup and slight coffee, coupled with an array of nutty pleasures including hazelnuts, walnuts, and almonds. It has given itself completely to me, and I have pounded its ebony flanks for all it is worth, leaving it a heaving lump. Crank up the band, boys and girls, we have perfection, and I need a hand towel!

SpudClampDawg (1029) - Jasper, Indiana, USA - SEP 18, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 3, 2008 Draft (13% ABV): Beautifully crafted aroma is as deep as it is complex. Notes of cocoa, chocolate chip, vanilla and brown sugar sweeten up the oak and sherry base. Another swirl of the glass lets off hints of oats, cinammon and sugar dusted pecan. Each time I dip my nose in, I smell something new and delicious. The body continues this complexity, but isnít syrupy as I expected. Rather, itís creamy, smooth and very drinkable. It encapsultes more nutty and chocolate flavors that cradle the woody and earthy base. The velvety smooth mouthfeel softens the sweetness of the body, helping to merge these flavors together, seemlessly. The warmth in my stomach lets me know to be wary of this panther in catís pajamas. This is easily the best crafted beer Iíve had to date. Until I find something better, this is absolutely perfect! Cheers and a big thank you to my good buddy Jeff (TAR) for the handbottle!!!

jbarry1506 (28) - Indiana, USA - AUG 14, 2013
Siberian Night . . . NO KIDDING. The smell is a little cold and sour . . . I canít quite place it, but there is dark chocolate there after a few minutes. As for the look, this beer is top notch dark. I even turned out the lights and did a flashlight test. No light got through either the beer or the head, which is a rich, milk-chocolaty brown. The flavor is chocolate and black coffee with coffee on the back end with just a little bit of bitter, but just enough to sweeten the rest. HUGE fan of this beer.

iStout (10) - - MAR 4, 2014
UPDATED: MAR 5, 2014 Best Stout ever !!!...Excellent well balanced Imperial Stout, that I enjoy drinking more often than other great Imperial Stouts like Stone Russian, Founders, Bells Expedition, Ale Smith Speedway,...Siberian Night has slightly more hops than the rest of them, and tastes closest to Stoneís flavor than the others...itís also the best price, at only $9.99 per 4 pk or $8.99 on sale....but itís still the best tasting, which is really cool !....had it for the first time at their Thirsty Dog Brewery, where you can walk right into the brewery operation, right past the giant brew kettles, and sit at a bar in the middle of the factory...with about 15 beers on tap and a bar tender....you can drink and watch them working away brewing beer ...funny, the first time I walked in, the owner was sitting at the bar conducting business with clients, they all had their briefcases and laptops out, and all drinking beer...I sat next to them, and thought, what a cool way to make a good living....great Stout too....Uummm , life is good !

Hotspur2001 (44) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 11, 2005
Absolute heaven. Smooth, thick, creamy and very dark. For the relatively high alcohol content there wasnít a strong presence at all. Had this on tap at the Brew Kettle in Strongsville.

dolemike1 (1288) - Jeannette, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 3, 2005
This beer rocks. Poured jet black, with a dark brown creamy head that lasted the entire beer and left an excellent lacing on the glass. Aroma was rich dark chocolate, roasted malts and a hint of coffee and caramel. Flavor was that of a dark chocolate on a piece of nice warm toast, very smooth, creamy, pleasant on the tongue. Also noted hints of coffee in the flavor. Finishes with a nice pleasant bitterness and just a hint of alcohol to dry your tongue and make you want more. AWESOME.

DougiePhiTau (99) - USA - APR 3, 2005
This is by far the best beer i have ever had, pitch black beer with a thick head... i couldnít believe it was 9% smooth taste choclate aroma smooth taste with a coffee hint that make you not want to swallow.... best deal i hve ever had on a 6 pack for 7.99 forget guiness buy this