RATINGS: 2235   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.02   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Big American Pale Ale with citrusy aroma- a hop lover’s cult beer and Three Floyds’ flagship beer Brewed with Cenntennial, Cascade & Warrior Hops.
Alpha King is an American Pale Ale with a bold citrus hop character. We brew all our beers for our own demanding tastes. If you’re unwilling to compromise on your beer, we urge you to try it.

Ughsmash (7407) - Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 20, 2005
Poured a reddish-amber with about a 1" head that stayed quite well. Aroma was of citrusy hops (lemon and grapefruit came to mind). Beer was medium-bodied, and seemed to be highly carbonated (I think this was due to a very bad pour from the bartender). The bitterness and the citrus flavors danced across the taste buds very well, with a light hoppy finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
1FastSTi (3346) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 20, 2005
Well, my wireless connection died so I lost all my info I typed in. Good, but not as good as gumballhead or dreadnaught.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jine (900) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - MAY 19, 2005
12 oz bottle. I think I’m the 500th rating for this...awesome. Super hoppy aroma. Deep amber pour. Ridiculous piney taste. Super hops, not overbearing hops, but I love hops kind of hoppiness. Delicious.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
MrManning (2009) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 16, 2005
Thanks igneous1 for hooking this one up! Pours a dark orange body, almost a reddish colour. Head is a foamy white, and thick. Aromas are hops like crazy, pine, citrus, malt. taste is lots of hops, but not overpowering, subtle citrus and some mild malt that balances it out nicely. FInish is smooth, crisp, and the 6.5% is not noticable. I wish I could get more.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
pintbypint (3012) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 15, 2005
12 fl oz brown bottle, courtesy of heemer77. Brassy orange pour, full head of cream white head. Resiny, raw hop aroma. Bitter hops coat the tounge, but there is some detectable malt sweetness. Lingering hop finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
brewrater (92) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - MAY 14, 2005
Solid balanced taste with more of a bitter finish than most APAs - closer to a IPA I think. Hoppy throughout. Highest rated APA? I’d suggest Great Lakes Burning River or Sierra Nevada Pale or their Harvest Ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
frankenkitty (1982) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - MAY 13, 2005
Bottle poured the hazy color of a new, copper penny with a frothy, ecru head that left some nice lacing. Strong aromas in both malt and hops; citrus up front with a caramel background. Good hop-bitterness in the flavor, albeit one-dimensional, with a bitter finish and dry texture.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Liquors, Oak Forest, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
rlgk (14695) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - MAY 12, 2005
Copper/amber color, off white head. Hoppy aroma with grapefruit. Hoppy flavor, with some orange. Strong hoppy bitterness in the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
lagermonkey (725) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - MAY 10, 2005
Appearance: Deep hazy copper with a creamy dense tan head. Lacy. Smell: Citrusy hops, floral and sweet Taste: Bitter and tart citrus. Smooth lightly sweet malt. Floral. Mouth: Long hoppy finish, medium bodied. Drink: Tasty and quite drinkable. Overall: A bit unbalanced for a pale ale but it does have character. The malt profile could be more steadfast and while it is nicely hopped it doesn’t have much to complement it. All in all though a good brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JFURYCAT (1079) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 8, 2005
I poured it in and witnessed a lot of carbonation but the foam was short lived. It has a very hoppy aroma of a coppery nature. It is very well rounded as far as taste-it leaves a bitter impression on my tongue and throat but relaxes my senses through its intermingling of hops and malts. This is definately what one wants from a bitter. I’m not sure the extra alcohol content is necessary to accentuate the taste though. But this is definately a top notch pale ale which I’d buy a six pack of anyday. This is one of those beers that you know are good because you see how quickly it goes!