overall

RATINGS: 2124   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.02   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Big American Pale Ale with citrusy aroma- a hop lover’s cult beer and Three Floyds’ flagship beer Brewed with Cenntennial, Cascade & Warrior Hops.
Alpha King is an American Pale Ale with a bold citrus hop character. We brew all our beers for our own demanding tastes. If you’re unwilling to compromise on your beer, we urge you to try it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DrinkingbuddyD (129) - Warsaw, New York, USA - JUN 1, 2003
As soon as I opened the bottle, my nose was overwhelmed with the aroma of hops. As I began to drink it, sure enough, my mouth was filled with the wonderful flavor of hops. Boiling, aroma, and finishing hops are very apparent in this brew. I really enjoyed it. As for any other flavors, there was a little bit of citrus in it. The color was an orange with an off-white head. I really enjoyed this one.

frylock (1135) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUN 1, 2003
Good looking orange/amber body with a small white head. Smell is of pure hops leaves. Big hoppy and fruity taste, an excellent pale ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
regal (23) - Ringgold,Ga., USA - MAY 22, 2003
Very good beer.It has a very clear orange color.Excellent fruity smell.Kind of bitter on first drink.Great mix of hops and citrus taste.I recommend it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
flemdawg (529) - Naples, Florida, USA - MAY 18, 2003
Mmmm, mmmm. Great brew here. Citrusy aroma, with hops as well. Fluffy white head that persisted through most of the drinking. Redder color than I expected, but I thought it looked great. Crisp taste, and bitter as well. A bit of citrus, and hops too. Very good, glad I picked up a sixer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
haukur (1259) - Reykjavik, ICELAND - MAY 17, 2003
I found this to be very strange. The aroma reminded me of oatmeal and was very heavy. Taste was special, alot of hops, slightly bitter and some taste that I cant describe.. not bad

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Eirikur (369) - hafnarfjordur, ICELAND - MAY 17, 2003
That was a surprice. Alot of hops and weird malt and spices. Smelled a bit like smelly feet, and some other smell i cant describe, weird though. Ther taste is fairly nice, alot of hops again, bittersweet and rich full body.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - MAY 14, 2003
I had the beer that were brewed in MN. It was a great hoppy, malty Pale Ale. Excellent crisp flavor. Rivals the Victory, but not quite as hoppy. Citrus aroma and sweet flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TChrome (1409) - Bedford, Texas, USA - MAY 8, 2003
Interesting pale ale. Tends more toward the malt end of the flavor spectrum than do most pales. This is not bad however, as the malt is quite tasty. Nutty aroma, pours up nice off white fluffy head. Beer is chesnut colored. Nice flavor with initial roasted malt taste followed by a very short burst of hop bitterness. Definitely a quick finish as there is no follow through on the flavors at all. This is good beer.

Wrath (362) - Valparaiso, Indiana, USA - MAY 6, 2003
very hoppy and slightly overpowering aroma.Taste is a little bitter but still nice and malty.overall a well balanced hoppy brew that is very drinkable

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Suttree (5013) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 28, 2003
Cloudy Orange, and is that a green tint, as well? Tan head. Earthy Pinecone aroma and flavor. Messy Bitter. Loooooong finish. More, Please...