overall

RATINGS: 2167   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.02   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Big American Pale Ale with citrusy aroma- a hop lover’s cult beer and Three Floyds’ flagship beer Brewed with Cenntennial, Cascade & Warrior Hops.
Alpha King is an American Pale Ale with a bold citrus hop character. We brew all our beers for our own demanding tastes. If you’re unwilling to compromise on your beer, we urge you to try it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 7, 2003
Huge hoppy nose, with some citrus, amber, medium custard head. Hoppy, grapefruit flavour, a riot of bitterness here, robust, with a dry finish. Extremely hoppy for the style!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
happy4hops (376) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - JUN 5, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 15, 2003 I hold in my hand a great glass of hop nectar.Smells like just that to me w/ great malty balance.This is great...the last time I got this beer I knew it had to be old or somthin(black ring at the bottom of bottle)Still decent,but in its true form it is all out hop/malt perfection.Very smooth drinkin',quick finish w/ lingering citris hoppiness subdued.I must say wow.I just got a truly fresh 6-pk of this and all I can say is Perfect.(if it's brewed in munster,stay away from that new ulm,mn stuff)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
egajdzis (5401) - Spring Mount, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 2, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2003 Poured orange, with an off white head. Citrusy hop aroma, as well as a bitter hop flavor, with some grape taste as well. Nice malt backbone. Can be drank more frequently than the Dreadnaught.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DrinkingbuddyD (129) - Warsaw, New York, USA - JUN 1, 2003
As soon as I opened the bottle, my nose was overwhelmed with the aroma of hops. As I began to drink it, sure enough, my mouth was filled with the wonderful flavor of hops. Boiling, aroma, and finishing hops are very apparent in this brew. I really enjoyed it. As for any other flavors, there was a little bit of citrus in it. The color was an orange with an off-white head. I really enjoyed this one.

frylock (1135) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUN 1, 2003
Good looking orange/amber body with a small white head. Smell is of pure hops leaves. Big hoppy and fruity taste, an excellent pale ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
regal (23) - Ringgold,Ga., USA - MAY 22, 2003
Very good beer.It has a very clear orange color.Excellent fruity smell.Kind of bitter on first drink.Great mix of hops and citrus taste.I recommend it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
flemdawg (533) - Naples, Florida, USA - MAY 18, 2003
Mmmm, mmmm. Great brew here. Citrusy aroma, with hops as well. Fluffy white head that persisted through most of the drinking. Redder color than I expected, but I thought it looked great. Crisp taste, and bitter as well. A bit of citrus, and hops too. Very good, glad I picked up a sixer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
haukur (1344) - Reykjavik, ICELAND - MAY 17, 2003
I found this to be very strange. The aroma reminded me of oatmeal and was very heavy. Taste was special, alot of hops, slightly bitter and some taste that I cant describe.. not bad

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Eirikur (372) - hafnarfjordur, ICELAND - MAY 17, 2003
That was a surprice. Alot of hops and weird malt and spices. Smelled a bit like smelly feet, and some other smell i cant describe, weird though. Ther taste is fairly nice, alot of hops again, bittersweet and rich full body.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - MAY 14, 2003
I had the beer that were brewed in MN. It was a great hoppy, malty Pale Ale. Excellent crisp flavor. Rivals the Victory, but not quite as hoppy. Citrus aroma and sweet flavor.