overall

RATINGS: 2203   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.02   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Big American Pale Ale with citrusy aroma- a hop lover’s cult beer and Three Floyds’ flagship beer Brewed with Cenntennial, Cascade & Warrior Hops.
Alpha King is an American Pale Ale with a bold citrus hop character. We brew all our beers for our own demanding tastes. If you’re unwilling to compromise on your beer, we urge you to try it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Kinz (3459) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - JUN 18, 2003
Quite the tasty one here. Aroma is full on hops, grapefruit and pine in your face. Appearance is nice, with a faint head lingering around the edges of the glass. Smooth palate. The flavor is again dominated by hops, but starts a bit earthy with some malt in the middle. Ends with the hop explosion of grapefruit, and fades into a pleasant bitterness that lasts and lasts. Exceptionally well done.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
sloth (2605) - Ceciltucky, Co., Maryland, USA - JUN 13, 2003
Grayish/white head, some nice laceing. Clear, copper color. Piney, citrusy hop nose, love it! Medium body. Slightly resiny, oily palate.Plenty of hop flavors up front. Finishes fairly dry with a decent hop bite and the malt coming through at the end. Pretty big for an APA, i,d say. Yum.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
1more4dessert (333) - Upstate, New York, USA - JUN 12, 2003
best APA I have ever tasted. hint of sweetness, apple, not overly dry I find the balance very true to style.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Deimos (81) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - JUN 12, 2003
This beer is somewhat unbalanced by the hops. It has good oroma and a nice full mouthfeel, but the hops overwhelm a bit in the finish. A little too much citrus there too.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
TheBeerGod (5494) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - JUN 7, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 9, 2003 Had this at Capital Ale House in Richmond, VA on 6-7-03. Draft version. Nice amber body with a wonderful citrusy and hoppy nose. Pleasant mouthfeel and soothing on the tongue with citrus fruit and floral hoppiness standing out but also adding a hint of sweetness. Dry but smooth finish made this a nice buy this evening.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
EddieG (169) - Palos Heights, Illinois, USA - JUN 7, 2003
Tasted at the brewery . A fabulous concoction. Citrus hits you immediatesly with a nice brown/amber beer and fine brussels lace to accompany a great beer. This beer is a staple among my diet with a fine balance of hops and malt. Fantastic!!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 7, 2003
Huge hoppy nose, with some citrus, amber, medium custard head. Hoppy, grapefruit flavour, a riot of bitterness here, robust, with a dry finish. Extremely hoppy for the style!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
happy4hops (376) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - JUN 5, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 15, 2003 I hold in my hand a great glass of hop nectar.Smells like just that to me w/ great malty balance.This is great...the last time I got this beer I knew it had to be old or somthin(black ring at the bottom of bottle)Still decent,but in its true form it is all out hop/malt perfection.Very smooth drinkin',quick finish w/ lingering citris hoppiness subdued.I must say wow.I just got a truly fresh 6-pk of this and all I can say is Perfect.(if it's brewed in munster,stay away from that new ulm,mn stuff)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
egajdzis (5515) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 2, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2003 Poured orange, with an off white head. Citrusy hop aroma, as well as a bitter hop flavor, with some grape taste as well. Nice malt backbone. Can be drank more frequently than the Dreadnaught.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DrinkingbuddyD (129) - Warsaw, New York, USA - JUN 1, 2003
As soon as I opened the bottle, my nose was overwhelmed with the aroma of hops. As I began to drink it, sure enough, my mouth was filled with the wonderful flavor of hops. Boiling, aroma, and finishing hops are very apparent in this brew. I really enjoyed it. As for any other flavors, there was a little bit of citrus in it. The color was an orange with an off-white head. I really enjoyed this one.