overall

RATINGS: 2145   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.02   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Big American Pale Ale with citrusy aroma- a hop lover’s cult beer and Three Floyds’ flagship beer Brewed with Cenntennial, Cascade & Warrior Hops.
Alpha King is an American Pale Ale with a bold citrus hop character. We brew all our beers for our own demanding tastes. If you’re unwilling to compromise on your beer, we urge you to try it.

impaleyou's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
impaleyou (24) - Indiana, USA - FEB 17, 2013
Great american hoppy ale from a great brewery. My standard go to beer that I can drink anytime and anywhere.

Ionlyrate5s (52) - New York, USA - SEP 10, 2014
Talk about some good hops....perfect hop aroma...so frsh...taste is equally as fresh...slight cedar huge pine huge grapfruit and perfect malt balance to finish out crisp beer

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheBear11D (237) - Michigan, USA - SEP 10, 2014
Alpha King pours a mostly cloudy rusty copper with a thick foamy beige head that lasts forever. The aroma is citrus, orange, lemon, pine and floral hops. The flavor is citrus, caramel, orange and floral hops. Overall this is a very nice beer. The beer drinks smoothly and the aftertaste is citrus and floral hops. Delicious!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
MSBrindbergs (323) - Solna, SWEDEN - SEP 5, 2014
Fat på Mikkeller Bar. Mörkt röd dimmig. Svårt att hitta dofter. Smak av röda bär. Bra APA! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
1pintatatime (76) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 3, 2014
Pours an amber color with a rich off-white head. Citrus aroma is present but not overpowering. Flavor is initially sweet caramel malt quickly balanced by the grapefruit and citrus hops. Mouthfeel is good throughout. Finish is like a crisp apple. Reminds me of a Pseudo Sue or a slightly less aggressive Hopslam. Very well balanced and drinkable.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
k0mpsa (1139) - Järvenpää, FINLAND - AUG 31, 2014
Tap at mikkeller, copenhagen. Amber color, small white head. Aroma is rich sweet malty, wood, fruits. Taste is malty sweet, fruity and hoppy, some wooden notes. Balanced.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
knickskicks (725) - - AUG 28, 2014
2 month old bottle. Orange-red, off-white head. Nose and taste are bready malts, some bitter hops to the finish. Sticky body. Man this fell off fast. Will re-rate when I try it fresh.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
jstonerock24 (132) - Englewood, Ohio, USA - AUG 27, 2014
Aroma is straight pine and citrus. Not extremely bitter like an IPA but strong pine and citrus flavor like one. This is my kind of pale ale. Most would consider this a hoppy IPA. Well done

RussianDragon (467) - - AUG 21, 2014
12 oz bottle purchased at 3 Floyds just last week. Pours a bright clear orange with brilliant copper hues when backlit. Head is a thick lasting rocky cap of foam that left thick lacing down the entire glass as the beer was consumed. Aroma is citrusy hop bitterness with orange and grapefruit, and caramel malt. Flavor is same with hops very prominent for a pale ale. Medium bodied, full active carbonation, and pleasant bitter finish. Always great to have this beer, especially this fresh.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Klimaet (153) - Aarhus N, DENMARK - AUG 20, 2014
Bottle. Pours clear amber with a big beige head. Aromas of pine, grassy hops, citrus, grape, some floral notes aswell. Taste is pretty piney and grassy hops up front, settles for some grapefruit bitterness along with some caramel malt and citrus-like notes. Very smooth body. Should’ve probably had it when it was all fresh but I simply forgot I had it. Lol.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
kenter2000 (41) - , Wisconsin, USA - AUG 18, 2014
I enjoy the aroma. that’s my favorite part. It’s so sweet like a salt water taffy factory, like watermelon stewing in sugar, like better days. However, it’s not what I expected. It may be the off kilter realm I found myself in today. That could be it. Or it may be my general unwillingness to be completely satisfied. Maybe. But really I think it’s more simple, I really just wanted more of a traditional pale ale taste on a warm summer night. Something familiar like driving down the street I grew up on. The taste is certainly good and it’s growing on me with each sip--the alcohol power. BUT, This beer and I, victim’s of circumstance, A situation of right beer at the wrong time. But that is the thing, Life isn’t fair. You will get a good beer in a inappropriate space. C’est la vie. I am a goose staying put in the heat wishing their was a more hoppy beer going down my gullet. Forever longing. Always bitter. Staying true. I just wish there had been a warning. The lights could have flashed. The gods could have told me. It’s more of a fall thing! You’d like this better in a different season! No, that’s freaking fate.