RATINGS: 396   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.36/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 450   ABV: 15%
Dark Lord aged in a variety of Bourbon barrels including Woodford Reserve and Heaven Hill.

This listing is specifically for Bourbon barrel aged variants of Dark Lord. NOT Brandy.

DrnkMcDermott's rating

DrnkMcDermott (2934) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - MAY 3, 2006
Tiny snifter at Floyds on Dark Lord Day. Solid black well of souls lurks under a tiny rim of foam, which has given up in its attempt to brighten up this evil brew and now clings panting for its last breath to the side of the glass. A dizzying smell of coffee, maple, vanilla and molasses. Taste... um, um, Thick. Heady. Oaky. Slides down the throat like an oily serpent marinated in Kahlua and vanilla extract. Smooth alcohol nonetheless goes right to my forebrain and shuts off higher functions. Complexity… um… just starting to be known. Notes of cola… wintergreen… cherries. Rough on the back of the throat, but not astringent like other strong stouts. The dividing line between this and a truly fine liquer is… um…
<table width=90% halign=center><tr><td> </td><td>I’m afraid. I’m afraid, Dave.
Dave, my mind is going.
I can feel it. I can feel it.
My mind is going. There is no question about it.
I’m a... fraid.

Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you’d like to hear it I can sing it for you.
It’s called "Daisy."
Daisy, Dai…sy, give me your an…swer do. I’m… half… cra…zy all for the love of you. It won’t be a styl… ish marriage, I can’t a…fford… a carriage…. But you’ll… look sweet up… on… the seat of a bi… cy… cle built… for… two…. </td></tr></table>

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bursprak (1582) - Aarhus, DENMARK - NOV 29, 2015
Bottle at Dangerous Bottleshares WHLZBRZ edition, ’15 vintage. Pitch black with a dark tan head. Super sweet stuff, syrup, light oak, some bourbon, vanilla fudge and light soy. A tad too sweet.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
rekvium (160) - Odense C, DENMARK - NOV 29, 2015
From bottle, thanks a lot Dolle! Bottle #278 from 2012. Pours pitch black with a brown head. Aroma of bourbon (a lot), vanilla, wood, dark chocolate, cocoa. Taste is through the roof! Lots of bourbon, vanilla, smooth, dark chocolate, oh my god, complex, cocoa, perfect balance, slight port caracter. Holy f*ck, this is extreme. Not even a sipper, this has drinkability!!! Just perfect...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MrOrla (1171) - Odense C, DENMARK - NOV 29, 2015
Bottle. Thx dolle. 278/420 2012. Pours deep black with a brown head. Aroma dark chocolate, vanilla, burbon, wood, cocoa, light malts, what a balance. Taste is smooth, vanilla, wood, dark chocolate. Very balanced wauw.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Dedollewaitor (14927) - Odense, DENMARK - NOV 29, 2015
2012 Vintage. Bottle # 278/420, Bottle @ Rekvium, Orla and Dolle’s dødsyge søndagssmagning, 2015. 2012 trade with Sean9689. Thanks. 2012 Vintage. Pours black with a creamy beige head and lacings. Motor oil, vanilla, bourbon and chocolate. Good roast, soy, quality coffee and syrup. Slick, smooth and soft. Vinous and complex. Banger!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
RasmusOtt (1763) - Aarhus, DENMARK - NOV 24, 2015
Big thanks to Zakoon for bringing this bottle @ Dangerous Bottleshares WLZBRZ edition Been wanted to try this for a long time. Let’s get to it! Pours black with a nice brown head. Prettier than most DL’s . Aroma of coconut, vanilla, dark sweet fruits, molasses, chocolate, some cherry, weak bourbon in the background and just sweet and smooth as... yep.. Perverse but somehow harmonic to me and I really like the things the beer pulled out of the barrels. The taste is... You guessed it - Sweet! With notes of vanilla, sweet bourbon, dark sweet caramel, smooth molasses, chocolate and marshmallows. More is more in this beer and I understand that it turns some people off - for me I just can’t do anything else than enjoy it. Maybe not a whole bottle... Then again - I am up for the challenge if I ever get the chance!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jh773 (239) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 22, 2015
Here it is. Ridiculously thick and rich Russian imperial stout with sweet caramel-bourbon flavor. Motor-oil palate (in the best way possible). Not quite like melted chocolate butter pecan ice cream, but getting there. I would sacrifice a kitten to get more of this. Not really, but maybe.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
andyhwcinc (1712) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 21, 2015
Enjoyed on tap at Kaiser Tiger in Chicago, IL after an interesting night of a 20 sided die raffle for Malort aged Dark Lord, and this was the special treat that no one was expecting, and it was like $2 for 6 oz which is bananas. This may be the best Dark Lord I've had considering the circumstances as well as how it wasn't as thick as the Malort aged but was way more potent and burning, and more flavorful to boot. Really, this one was a treat and I'm lucky to have stuck around to try this rare brew. Would have again but probably won't have again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Zakoon (373) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 21, 2015
750ml bottle enjoyed @ Dangerous Bottleshares - WLZBRZ edition. Pours pitch black with a brown head. Aroma is raisins, prunes, plums, vanilla, caramel, molasses and some bourbon - but not enough, a hint of roasted malt. Flavour is sweet, almost overly sweet and light bitterness. Full bodied, oily texture, soft carbonation. Finish is sweet and warming alcohol.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Klimaet (978) - Aarhus N, DENMARK - NOV 17, 2015
Bottle thanks to Zakoon. Thanks buddy! Pours pitch black with a small brown head. Aromas of vanilla, chocolate, fudge, dark fruits, soy, roast, booze and a huge caramel backend. Taste is very sweet, brown sugar, vanilla, sweet chocolate, milky chocolate, dark sweet fruits. Not a lot of barrel compared to how sweet regular dark lord is, but still more barrelsweetness compared to the fruity sweetness regular has.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MrHangover (3583) - Den Haag, NETHERLANDS - NOV 15, 2015
Bottle, 2015 vintage, courtesy of kermis. Massive thnx! Pours a pitch black beer with alsmost no head on top. Aroma is massive bourbon, molasses, very sugary, woody and loads of presences of the base beer. Flavor is incredibly full, very sweet and sugary with a massive amount of bourbon in there, as expected. Loads of booze in the aftertaste, soft carbonation and overall just amazing. Great stuff.