RATINGS: 2107   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.23/5   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
A hopheadís dream beer. This Imperial India Pale Ale has an opening salvo of mango, peach and citrus hop aromas that sit atop a pronounced caramel malt backbone. Although Dreadnaught is a strong and intensely hoppy ale, its complex flavors is both smooth and memorable. 9.5% ABV, 100 IBUs.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
GotBeer4Me (4) - USA - JUL 3, 2005 does not count
Awesome beer! Great label! Has a super sweet hop aroma, big bold bitterness, massive mouthfeel, and wonderful lingering aftertaste. Pour me another!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Sregnar35 (1031) - Rotterdam, New York, USA - JUL 3, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 17, 2005 22oz bottle from Ohiodad, thanks a million Scott! Great hop aroma, and Iíve never had such a creamy IPA. Not as good as ruination Iím very sorry to say, but still extremely great!!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
IndianaRed (3120) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUL 1, 2005
Bottle Poures a very hazy light orange amber with a nice thick dense off white head and lots of lacing. Stong hop aroma but balanced well. Citrusy mainly. Flavors were very strong with ops and malts very well matched. Quite sweet and with a very smooth almost creamy texture. A great example of an IIPA. Thanks to MrFacto for sending this my way.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
pinkzambia (1763) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUL 1, 2005
Bottle: Yowsers! The centennial hops crawl up your tongue all the way back to your esophagus. This IPA is impressive with strong orange & grapefruit hops up front. Surprisingly, it is followed by some sweet flavors. Yummy! It pours a large frothy head with good lacing. Hazy and orange/copper in color. Medium body with a thin texture and metallic finish. The nice thing about this is that the flavors last forever with a great balance of acidity, bitterness and sweetness. Indiana_Red - you the man!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
can8ianben (1423) - State College, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 21, 2005
Ah, this beer blew me away. Initial thoughts are sweet, smooth, spicy, full of character, exciting, etc... I poured the entire 22 ounces into a giant snifter and sat back and enjoyed. It poured a nice amber colour with a nice creamy head. It didnít last long, but that meant I got to the beer sooner. The aroma is huge. Hoppy and big with a peach candy aroma. There is some alcohol present in the nose as well as the usual pine scent that comes from most IPAís. But that doesnít matter, iIt makes me want to drink the entire thing right away. The flavour is amazing for a hop head. Loads of citrusy bite with enough malt to make me think about it without distracting from the hops. The body is deep and sweet showing off many different characteristics. Great stuff going on here. The only downfall to this beer is the price. I paid almost $9 for my 22 ounce bottle, but I guess it was probably the best beer I have ever tried, so maybe it was worth it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MHED (114) - lisle, USA - JUN 12, 2005
Golden/orange hue in color, nice creamy head. Citrus and slightly floral hop aroma. Full bodied mouthfeel with a nice malt backbone. Gapefruit overtones that finish dry, wanting more.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - JUN 11, 2005
THANKS to Duane the great! Poured a brownish golden amber yellow. Lots of fizzy bubbls. Head was off white and large. The nose was pine and grapefruit hops and lots of yeast. The body was a good amount of mouth feel and the finish was smooth and rewarding. The taste was fruity and had a hop bit, and then the yeast again. I enjoyed this, but, the only negative to me was the amount of yeast. I let this settle for days and enjoyed on my birthday. Great brew.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Cletus (6355) - Connecticut, USA - JUN 8, 2005
Bottle courtesy of Footbalm. Pours copper with a nice white frothy head. Smells of yogurt, sugar, citcus and corn. Tastes of caramel with a big hoppy pepper like finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Saarlander (1686) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - JUN 7, 2005
Wow, what a beer, Its hop flavor jumps out at you! It got better as it warmed, took me two hours to drink, and I loved both hours! Pine, fruit, and hops dominate! would absolutely love to drink again! top notch.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
OhioDad (2492) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - JUN 1, 2005
Bottle 22oz bomber - I had the 3 kids tonight and after running around from 4:00 to 8:00 taking them here and there I knew I needed a good brew to relax... This one did not disappoint me! Pours deep amber with a nice half inch fluffy offwhite head that laces very well. An absolutely beautiful pour. Aroma is big pine and citrus hops that I could sniff for hours. Flavor is a beautiful blend of caramel malts and mindblowingly bitter hops that blend together in perfect harmony. On the palate this is very smooth yet full bodied. It has a good dose of both malts and hops. It starts out with some sweet caramel malts that soon get blasted off of the tongue by a great grapefruit hop flavor. I really think that this was hoppier than Ruination, but it is so well backed up by the malts that by the end of the bottle you hardly remember them. The alcohol is covered very well and this is a fantastic brew. I really enjoyed this!