Three Floyds Grand Cru

click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.45/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.92   ABV: -

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
mxtur (266) - Michigan, USA - JAN 25, 2011
I agree with this guy it did have a little bit of a lambic appeal to it. Although it wasn’t as memorable as some of their other beers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
fraternie (814) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 27, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 1, 2003 On tap at Clark Street Ale House in downtown Chicago...I didn't know that Three Floyds made this beer but I saw the tap and it is certainly a Three Floyds brew...Dark amber color, thin head. The body is somewhat of both caramel and a sort of sour tripel flavor moderately reminiscent of a gueze. The finish is very flat and lambic-esque. Certainly as complex as any of their other magnificent beers but this one registered with me just a touch below for some reason...the flavor was just not coming through as powerfully as I would have liked and the flatness made it seem a little bland. I have had the same problem appreciating true lambic beers such as Cantillon's Grand Cru to its full level, so anyone reading this review should take that into account. Certainly complex and above average, but not as good as some of the world classics from 3F.