overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1550   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.77   IBU: 28   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
An American Wheat Beer brewed with red wheat and boat loads of amarillo hops gives this summer brew a lemony finish. The slight haze in the bottle is from the bottle-conditioning, where yeast is added to the bottle for a secondary fermentation. Gumballhead is a Skingraft Comics hero. Check out Skingraft Comics and Records at www.skingraftrecords.com. Cheers!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
shadey (1896) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 4, 2005
Golden yellow color. Hazy after the pour but quickly clearing. No head. Attractive citrus aroma, smooth refreshing palate. Mild citrus flavor. This didnít have that off-putting wheat character that I canít stand. This was delicious and very easy drinking. Easily my favorite wheat.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
shrubber85 (7594) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - DEC 20, 2004
Bottle. Strong flowery hops aroma with hint of lemon. Deep yellow color with small collapsing head. Initial flavor of hops followed by a strong lemon/citrus flavor that smacks you in the face. A very unique wheat beer - very different from most.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
Sammy (8627) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 18, 2004
A top 10% beer for me. An easy drink with lower than average alcohol. Just a great taste and wonderful grapefuit aroma. The wheat, some nice complementary spice and beautifully hopped.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Nuffield (3671) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - DEC 16, 2004
I donít know that I was all that thrilled by this, which is not to say that I wasnít impressed by it, only that it hit me in odd ways. First, for appearance there isnít anything too shocking going on--just a bit of simple white yeast floaties and a basically yellow body, not much head. O.k., move on. Appearance rarely makes or breaks a beer. As I sat with Lumpy at my kitchen table, we both reacted at how clearly the hops leap out of this, strongly citrus, mostly grapefruit, and I had a sense of some anise later on. The flavor had lots of citrus, too, of course, prompting comparisons with IPAs and APAs, but I found some bubblegum notes that tickled my fancy whenever I thought my tongue had latched onto it. I couldnít hang on--it is difficult to hang onto anything with ones tongue, I guess. Very dry, with a hint of pepper and tea leaves, and the hops are notable--I certainly canít pick out amarillo hops from a blind taste test but I am inclined to attribute much to their influence, especially some grassy strains. I was most disappointed by the palate; for me it was too limp, though it had some moderate body. I thought it really needed a carbonated life (not exactly fizz but at least something zingy). Otherwise it was fine, but it just wasnít my cup of tea, I mean, glass of beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
verymerrymonk (413) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - DEC 16, 2004
Very boring in appearance - like a typical ballpark brew but slightly cloudier. Aroma is of hops and citrus. Grapefruit, syrup, and hop bitterness abound in the flavor of this beer. Absolutely delicious and very drinkable by the low ABV. After a few tastings I think I see the niche this beer fills.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Lumpy (1802) - Carrollton, Texas, USA - DEC 16, 2004
Bottle. Very hoppy nose. Lemonade like body with no head. Very hoppy, zesty, citrusy beer. Slightly acidic. Other flavors that come out are honey, candy, and bubblegum. I was very, very impressed by this beer. Thanks to Nuffield for sharing this one. Excellent, excellent beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 11, 2004
very lacey head atop a budweiser yellow color..very fresh aroma of hops, straw, cotton candy, honey, and fresh cut grass...candy and grass flavors..nice, light, refreshingly nice..not too wheaty or yeasty which is a nice change...maybe a little lemon-citrus feel to it too.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hairofthedog (419) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 7, 2004
Big lemon and pineapple w/ hints of sweetness (possibly sugar candy). This beer poured a clear yellow/orange w/ good head and lacing. The flavor was big! Lemony and oaky, hints of banana and pine/clove. The mouthfeel was tangy w/ major effervescence.

Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 5, 2004
This brew pours with a golden body topped by a thin white head with some lacing. The aroma is sweet yet bitter and hoppy with nice citrus notes and a little grass. Nice aroma...different for a wheat beer. The flavor is sweet and fruity with a little citrus, some grass and a little bitter hoppiness. Light to medium bodied and dry.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
elnadeau (786) - Laguna Niguel, California, USA - DEC 5, 2004
Bottle. Thanks to jcalabre for sharing at the Pizza Port 8th Strong Ale Festival. Light yellow orange, decent sized head. Lemon and other citrus notes, sweetness perhaps derived from honey, some hops and yeasty essence balances. A decent take on the style, light and refreshing.