overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1637   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.78   IBU: 28   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
An American Wheat Beer brewed with red wheat and boat loads of amarillo hops gives this summer brew a lemony finish. The slight haze in the bottle is from the bottle-conditioning, where yeast is added to the bottle for a secondary fermentation. Gumballhead is a Skingraft Comics hero. Check out Skingraft Comics and Records at www.skingraftrecords.com. Cheers!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
OlivierMTL (711) - Quebec, CANADA - MAY 17, 2005
Couleur dorée, offrant peu de mousse blanche adhérant partiellement à la paroi du verre. Aromes de houblons citronné, épicé et très floraux rappelant presque les marguerites. Très douce en bouche, une suggestion de blé est présente mais jamais d’une manière évidente (pomme jaune). Floral et quelque peu résineux en bouche, suggérant le pin et les conifères, on est rapidement transporté en foret sur un doux tapis d’aiguilles. Corps plutôt léger, carbonatation moyenne, finale légèrement amer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
tiggmtl (4545) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 17, 2005
Orange-lemon-citrus hops and raw wheat in the fresh, appealing nose. Hazy golden-tan with decent cover of fine-bubbled white head that leaves some lacing. Citrus-orange-lemon, grassy hop flavour overshadows the wheat character. Moderately bitter. Medium-light body with moderate carbonation. Feels somewhat thin. Bottle (Nov. 04) enjoyed with beerbuzzmontreal, MartinT, Olivier_MTL, Rastacouere and Yowie. Thanks, enkerli!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
1FastSTi (3344) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 16, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 6, 2005 The aroma is very hoppy. Lemony. So this is what amarillo hops smell like. Banana and bubblegum. The flavor is wheaty, gum arabic, lemon, mandarin orange, grassy/floral hops. I love the flavor of this. It’s like a whole new style of beer that I’ve never had before. Appearance is kinda typical but not unappealing. This is a really appealing beer in terms of aroma and flavor. The palate is very refreshing, carbonated, and has a medium mouthfeel. I like this a bunch! HOP HEADS UNITE! The more I have this (I have a 6 pack of bombers in my fridge), the more I like this. This is simply put, one of my favorite beers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MIBRomeo (2570) - Wisconsin, USA - MAY 16, 2005
a nice golden color w/ a fairly avg sized white head laces well but dissapates a bit quickly. Aroma starts w/ a big blast of citrus & grassy smelling hops bannana cloves and bublegum. Palate is pretty thin fairly carbonated. Flavor is odd a bit of a citrusy front w/ a definate wheaty taste in the finish an odd gum based flavor. A bit of an odd taste but quite refreshing and dry overall. Thanks to Blake for bringing and sharing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerbuzzmontreal (3488) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 16, 2005
Pours a hazy light amber color. Aroma of citrusy and spicy hops. Flavor of citrusy and spicy hops with wheat. Light body, creamy texture, soft carbonation. It’s good but it feels a lot like a Weizen - IPA hybrid, if I feel like having a weizen I’ll prefer to have a true weizen and the same thing goes for IPAs.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Rastacouere (6161) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 15, 2005
Hazy golden body is topped by a light white head displaying slight lace. Strong Amarillo hops nose. A gentle biscuity feel coats the nostrils. The wheat is obvious and provides a refreshing character, but there’s not much else to me. I’m not sure how well the hops mix with the rest, it is very citrusy, mandarine/lemon profile and tart, definitely not my favourite balance, but that’s probably just my preference for less abrasive citrusy hops. It doesn’t feel too fresh as it is. At the same time, the palate is globally thin, though it has a slight creamy tinge. Moderately high thin-bubbled carbonation cleans the tongue nicely though. Nevertheless, I’d get bored of having this as my main summer quencher. Give me a burgerbrau helles anywhen over 3 of these.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Braudog (6024) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - MAY 15, 2005
Stilll and clear with a orange-yellow hue and a standing white pillowtop. Hoppiness in the aroma made me double-check the label that said "wheat beer", but alas there they are! What an interesting mix here ... fruity hopiness, yet with mellow underpinnings and no bitterness. This is superb.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
csjones1 (7) - Alabama, USA - MAY 15, 2005 does not count
I was floored this morning when I discovered this is a wheat beer. Incredible smack of hoppy, floral goodness hit me right right away and I thought for sure it was some version of an IPA. Lots of fruity goodness packed with a nice punch. I loved it. Still cannot believe it’s a wheat.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
growler (74) - West Virginia, USA - MAY 14, 2005
22 oz bomber compliments of Hopscotch. Hazy yellow with a plesant lemony scent. Nice lacy white head. Very refreshing. The perfect beer for a nice hot summer day. Kind of resembles a tall glass of ice team with lemon. I was never a big fan of wheat beers but what the hell, this isnt your run of the mill wheat beer. This is one I will definately enjoy again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
hezron (611) - Viroqua, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 14, 2005
Golden color with a tall off-white head. Big hoppy-pine and slightly fruity aroma. Initially the flavor is a lot like the aroma with hoppy pine and then I notice some lemon before the finish turns a little grassy. I like it. Watery palate with high carb. and a metallic finish.