overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1633   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.78   IBU: 28   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
An American Wheat Beer brewed with red wheat and boat loads of amarillo hops gives this summer brew a lemony finish. The slight haze in the bottle is from the bottle-conditioning, where yeast is added to the bottle for a secondary fermentation. Gumballhead is a Skingraft Comics hero. Check out Skingraft Comics and Records at www.skingraftrecords.com. Cheers!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
SpudClampDawg (1029) - Jasper, Indiana, USA - MAY 11, 2005
The aroma of this is very close to Pride & Joy, I’d almost think I was smelling the same beer. A little more grassy and lemony than P&J, but boatloads of very similar hoppy goodness. On the first drink, this beer really zings the tastebuds. Real citrusy hops (lemon/grapefruit) upfront are a bit souring, with a slick mouthfeel. Not overpowering though, as the body smooths out and finishes clean. Ahhh, a great summertime beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JFURYCAT (1079) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 8, 2005
UPDATED: APR 21, 2006 I don’t know anything about the comic book hero but, this beer is right up my alley: easy to drink, awesome to taste. I love aggresively hopped beers and wheat beers- so what do they do, they combine the two. This is probably the best summer beer I’ve ever tasted. Now I have a reason to go to Indiana!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
footbalm (1219) - Western Minneapolis Suburbs, Minnesota, USA - MAY 3, 2005
On tap at the brewery.Clear piss color with a lot of white foam.Lots of hops with an undertone of grain Maybe it because I am in the brewery and that mash aroma is messing this up for me.It is a little thin but for sure.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
dm9831 (1512) - Monee, Illinois, USA - MAY 1, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 3, 2008 pale amber with a short head. piney aroma, followed by a piney flavor, which first reminded me of gin. it took me several tastings to really warm to this beer. this is a surprisingly refreshing wheat beer with a healthy dose of hops and fruity and bitter overtones. finishes with a bitter hoppy bite. nice.

raindog (560) - Evansville, Indiana, USA - MAY 1, 2005
Great Beer! Just,slightly,hazy. Pillowy,head. Aroma is evident upon opening the bottle. Tons of hops(juicy,fruity),with yeastiness being noticeable,as well. A store in town still has 2 cases of last years left. If I wouldn’t have had one of those in the past few weeks,and just tasted the base,so to speak,I wouldn’t have noticed in this aroma. It stinks of hops! Super,creamy,mouth. Mainly wheat,slight yeast,flavors secondary to the huge hop flavor. Finish is wet,and hoppy.We just finished a keg of this at my buddies house. His kegs usually last about 6 weeks,this one only 2-3! Great summer beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
FoolishMortal (990) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 30, 2005
Thanks to Axilla for the bottle. Pours a hazy straw color, thin head with little to no linger. Aroma is earthy sweet Amarillo hops with a burst of lemon. Sweet nose, sweetness is then joined by an earthen rye-like flavor. Hops then become more assertive, carrying the sweet slightly lemony motif. The finish is pretty dry for such a sweet beer, with residual hop bitterness capping it off. Very unusual for a wheat, tastes more like a highly hopped bitter or rye ale.

piwodevo (53) - chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 14, 2005
with no further ado, gumballhead returns. This incarnation is stripped clean, filtered a bright High Life straw color with a thin white head that still manages to lace the glass. The aroma is classic 3F. Amarillo! Malt is barely discernable in the aroma, slightly more so in the flavor. The hops carry this beer. If you’re not a hop fan, steer clear, because that’s what this beer is all about. TASTY.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
brewblackhole (1588) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - APR 13, 2005
Bright, malt aroma,dry malt taste,didn’t really taste the excessive hops everyone else did,an ok wheat brew,rated lower only because it is to ordinary for Three Floyds

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
dolemike1 (1288) - Jeannette, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 8, 2005
Medium golden yelllow, white head, aroma of hops, wheat, and citrus. Flavor is that of a pale ale, or a rye ale. odd, not what i expected, and not good. finish is bitter, hoppy. Not impressed

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
CP (124) - USA - APR 6, 2005
I picked up this gem at the Southport brewery. I must say I was not prepared for the assault that would be released upon my palate when I took my first sip. They call this beer GUMballhead for a reason ladies and gentlemen! My palate sensed many different types of gum used in the brewery process. I sensed with my super-nose that as many different gums where used to make this beer. Upon first sip I was hit immediately with a taste of Wrigley’s Big Red brand followed by a hint of Winterfresh. As I continued to soak my advanced palate I sensed Trident and Bubblicious. The last flavor I sensed was that of Bazooka. Some of your palates might be confused when I tell you there is Bazooka in the mix. Rest assured it is there, and the flavor lingers with you long after the bottle is finished. I was confused why they did not get Bazooka Joe himself for the bottle label. Instead they got some lame ass cat/cow/pig thing for the label. Pretty damn disappointing on that note. I wanted to see the loveable Bazooka Joe comic strips on each bottle. You would think that Three Floyds would be able to shell out the cash to get good old Joe on each bottle considering there massive operation out of Munster, Indiana. (I have been to the brewery quite amazing stuff!) Anyways, back to the beer. I believe in the future nobody will have to chew gum anymore. This beer is so much like gum it will replace all chewable kinds. If you like gum and you like getting drunk this beer is for you. But if you still want the comics go with Bazooka Joe. LATE