overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1544   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.77   IBU: 28   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
An American Wheat Beer brewed with red wheat and boat loads of amarillo hops gives this summer brew a lemony finish. The slight haze in the bottle is from the bottle-conditioning, where yeast is added to the bottle for a secondary fermentation. Gumballhead is a Skingraft Comics hero. Check out Skingraft Comics and Records at www.skingraftrecords.com. Cheers!

OFlan (14) - USA - MAY 28, 2008
Perfect score from me. This has become my favorite American beer, and whatís funny is I usually dislike American wheats with a passion. These guys do it right though. Wonderful, crisp, dry, wheat beer.. super clean, then this MASSIVE amarillo hops aroma and flavor dominates. Itís like a wheat IPA almost. Itís amazing and I highly recommend it to ANY beer drinker.

Allstar (33) - , Virginia, USA - JUL 14, 2009
This was a great beer for me. I had it on tap at FFF, and I was surprised when the bartender suggested it once I told him I am into doppelbocks. I have to admit it was a great choice. Light in color and great tasting. It had a light fruit flavor to it. Great beer.

dinkle50 (960) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 29, 2011
One of the best wheatís available today. Slight orange on the nose, perfect balance of citrus & grain in flavor. Great beer for warm days.

wolvie1174 (1) - Michigan, USA - NOV 27, 2011 does not count
Awesome beer, I havenít found anything like in Michigan. I highly suggest but I have made road trips just to get it.

Popvar (3) - - SEP 26, 2012 does not count
Very tasty adult bevy. One of the best Iíve had from Three Floyds. Even though I love all their beers

olr1984 (1061) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - OCT 25, 2012
Picked up from 3 Floydís brewpub Cary out. The aroma of every fruit imaginable. Light gold in color with a heavy white head. Taste amazing. Over all perfect beer.

Laramik (9) - Crystal Lake, Illinois, USA - JUN 15, 2013 does not count
For those of you thinking this is just hype, itís not. Iíve bought 10 cases of this so far and have paid 96 dollars for one of them. Aroma, absolutely unreal. I could smell this all day. Iím not even kidding. I know of no one that has tried this beer and hasnít been astounded by it. It literally changes the game. When I had this for the first time it was like having beer for the very first time, I never had a clue any beer could taste this good. Add that to its beautiful color, head and undeniably beautiful aroma and you have a winner. Itís so different from anything youíve ever had, I promise. Do make sure if you land your hands on this to ensure it is fresh, it does change in taste as it ages, and the wheat begins to get that chappy taste of blue moon. I love this beer so much and I credit it for my change to craft beers because Iíve searched so hard for it and never can find it so I now have found many other food beers.

Nstanny91 (1) - Indiana, USA - NOV 14, 2013 does not count
Woo fire woo fire fire woo woo fire fire damn!!!!!!! Delicious ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

robobeerbelly (51) - Wisconsin, USA - DEC 12, 2013
Hands down the best beer i had ever had. Do yourself a favor and go find one and drink it.

Bropark08 (6) - Indiana, USA - FEB 26, 2014 does not count
My favorite beer from my favorite brewer. So glad I live in Indiana and can pick up my weekly 6 pack of Gumballhead. For those who have not tried Broodoo by Three Floyd's, it has a very similar taste profile. Highly recommended. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone