Three Floyds Picklehaub Pils
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 3.42/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.34   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
North German Pilsener-Hoppy and Dry

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Brigadier (2930) - Clevelandish, Ohio, USA - MAR 6, 2007
On tap at Three Floyds

I stopped by Three Floyds this previous weekend to get a sneak peek at what things would be like in a months time. Since it seems unlikely I’ll be able to make it for Dark Lord Day I wanted to at least see the barrels holding the precious Oak Aged Dark Lord. This looked like a good starter since they were out of both the Barrel Aged Behemoth and Barrel Aged Robert the Bruce.

Aroma / Appearance - A golden brown body with a thin white head decorated my glass. The nose was pretty simple but perfect for a pilsener. Lemon grass, wheat and a hint of molasses create a very clean open aroma. I wish this were bottled so I could open it just for the nose.

Flavor / Palate - The scent of grassy moss greeted my taste buds. Behind it was pear, peat and that typical Three Floyd hallmark of hops. I was then reminded of chocolate dipped orange rinds with a slight mixture of salt. This is an excellent session beer that I could drink several of over the course of a night.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
railcat1 (685) - Hammond, Indiana, USA - JAN 29, 2007
On tap at brewpub.This is a refreshing pilsner with a hop/floral and smooth finish and malty on the upside.It is a new style for me but i can get use to it if they have it on tap for awhile.I am generally a stout or imp stout lover, but this reminds me of some of there other classics and very drinkable.CHEERS!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 28, 2007
"Mellow maltiness with a crisp hop finish" This beer, named for our favorite "pre-brewpub" tap attendant, Karen Pickles, pours a hazy golden with white rocky head and moderate beading. The nose is mainly caramel/toffee maltiness and a moderately heavy hand of continental-type hops...floral and herbal, largely. Flavors seem pretty malt forward...caramel, toffee, bread, and lightly roasted grains. The hops are clean and crisp, mainly in the floral and herbal range, and contribute towards the fairly robust 35IBU. The malt sweetness is pretty well balanced by the hop bite in the clean finish. Very nicely brewed.