overall

RATINGS: 1466   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.69   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A bold Scottish ale with a complex malty body derived from roasted and crystal malts balanced with just the right combination of hops. This ale pours a deep ruby color, has a sweet malty nose with layered caramel and roasted notes and a full body. Robust yet smooth, Robert The Bruce is a malt lover’s delight.
2011 vintage - 7.0% abv

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - AUG 11, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 12, 2003 You all are probably going to think I'm nuts. But I really liked Robert the Bruce better than I did the Alpha King!!! This is my first perfect score. Smooth as glass and lots of flavor. No bitter presense anywhere to be found. No head out of bottle but it was perfect for my palate. I had this after sampling the Alpha King so I will try each individually and see if my initial impression varies from the follow-ups.

Pecan (49) - California, USA - DEC 25, 2009
Amazing. Pours deep ruby color with a little off white head. Smells of malts, caramel, and chocolate with a hint of dark fruit and nut. Flavor is big and malty with subtle hints of chocolate, nut, and roast.

MTBRNP (2) - Anderson, Indiana, USA - JAN 15, 2013 does not count
This has been my favorite beer since I first had it in July last year. The flavor and finish are exquisite. The presentation grand, and the bottle simply awesome! Thank you- 3floyds

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
seuinoz (142) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 14, 2002
the aroma is that of burnt chocolate and freshly grounded coffee. the appearance is a amber color with a medium head and alot of lacing. the flavor is that of coffee mixed with chocolate and a hint of carmel. sits very well on the palate with a smooth finish. i will buy this again

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
CrimsonGhost1971 (188) - USA - NOV 25, 2002
This is the best damn Scottish Ale I believe I have ever laid my lips on. A tad sweet, smooth, excellent aftertaste. ;)

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Eladerman (82) - Newburgh, Indiana, USA - NOV 10, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 8, 2011 This is a very good brew. Nice and malty--hints of coffee and toffee-like flavors but SUPER smooth, with a little caramel roasted malt sweetness. If IPA’s are your thing this won’t float yer boat! Wonderful dark amber color. One of the best "Scottish" i.e. malty, beers I’ve had. Do yourself a favor and get some of this brew. Kind of similar to a local brewery’s Thunderbolt Red, only more malty, and their Heller Bock. A very underrated brew. should be 100. Similar in taste and style to the Germans,’s malty Heller Bock. This beer has an excellent aftertaste. One of my favorite brews from Three Floyds. If so desired could be a session brew, but can also be slowly sipped while watching a good movie. This is too good to guzzle down fast like when your really thirsty after mowing the grass ( stick to wheat beers in the summer for thirst quenching powers!)

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAY 1, 2003
reminescent of our childhood favorite beer... beer chang. primary taste is a smooth and delicious aftertaste.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
kkieft (10) - USA - JUL 8, 2005
A great microbrew. Actually everything i tried at Three floyds was excellent. If you are near the NW indiana area or chicago you must stop by and try the selection of beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
iworkatinitech (24) - New York, USA - DEC 30, 2012
Hands down best scotch ale I’ve had! Just wish I could get it more frequently! All the toffee and caramel in the aroma and taste/palate! Spot on!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
BOSSbrewer (1319) - Arkansas, USA - AUG 5, 2013
Amazing. Had at three floyds on tap. Wonderful beer. Sweet and full of caramel. Nice.