overall

RATINGS: 1065   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.14   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
A medium bodied single hop pale ale showcasing Citra hop from the Yakima Valley, U.S.A.

DrnkMcDermott's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DrnkMcDermott (2799) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - MAY 3, 2011
Draft at DLD. A lot of what I thought were Amarillo hops, but I see from the description it’s one of the new catbox smelling hops. Which I like. Very cloudy color in my plastic cup, with a short head of foam. Taste is a little more malt forward than the usual hoppy 3F beer. But still another in a long line of very good, very hoppy 3 Floyds beers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Metalbeerman (2) - - SEP 18, 2014 does not count
Not my "cup of tea" as it is a strong IPA tasting brew. I like a few IPAs but this is not one. My friend loves it, so different strokes. The citrus taste, especially the grapefruit, is off putting.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Marko (3933) - Split / Zagreb, CROATIA - SEP 6, 2014
So, I was making my way to Zmajska’s prerelease, when I chanced upon the Nova Runda guys & Iznogud having a tasting at Ro&Do, and NR’s Marko invited me to try something... Something really, really special. This. Enormous thanks guys (especially Iznogud who brought it I guess). Dark amber/orange. Fresh, "chewy", pungent aroma, gummibears & very very light alcohol (?!), perfumey and sweetish. Damn attractive. Drier interesting silky taste, creamy/yoghurty peachy taste, notes of orange, slightly salty (?), fine bitterness, lovely. Medium bodied, just right. Mild, enjoyable bitter aftertaste. Damn well executed APA, extremely glad to have tried it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jefcon (1389) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - SEP 6, 2014
Aromas of orange soda, cardamom, lemon and lime zest. However, lots of lupulin and earthy notes on the long, rich palate. Lush hops, and a great cereal background to showcase them.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SimonTja (262) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - SEP 6, 2014
Tap @ Mikkeller bar.

Okay, slight hoppiness on nose, citrus, grapefruit, stone fruits and pine. Not in your face hoppiness at all, but more so balanced hoppiness. Taste does not live up to the nose, malt body is quite easy and a nice foundation. Expected more, would say Surly Furious, Omnipollo Mazarin and Arctic Sunstone are way better pale ales.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MrHult (246) - SWEDEN - SEP 5, 2014
Tap på Mikkeller Stockholm. Dimmig ljus bärnstensfärgad vätska med ljust skum. Mycket Välbalanserad Apa men hypen gjorde att jag förväntade mig mer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
niklasdietz (85) - DENMARK - SEP 5, 2014
Tap @ Mikkeller Bar. Pours orange with a small white head and beautiful lacings. Aroma is honey, grapefruit, peach and thyme. Taste is just pulsating with grapefruit. Lovely beer, perfectly rounded and balanced. Medium bitterness and carb. Goes right to the top of my APA-list...right next to Amager's and a Three Floyd's Arctic Sunstone. - with thirst, Niklas

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
KansaiBeerLvrs (2059) - Kyoto, JAPAN - SEP 4, 2014
Served in a glass mug at Local Option. Zombie Dust has a fantastic nose of piney herbal hop goodness. A zesty sharp palate cleansing carbonation scrapes your tongue clean and leaves behind a fruity bitter dank hoppiness. Definitely a hop forward beer and I can see why it is beloved by hopheads. Too bitter for me but impeccably made.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ckemps35 (15) - Indiana, USA - SEP 4, 2014
Wow - great beer! Picked some up on the way back from Chicago directly at the brewery. This really has a "grapefruit" kick to it, in the citrus/bitterness taste. The only reason this beer isn’t a perfect rating is because I am not the biggest "bitter" beer lover, but it is very good, top few beers I’ve ever had. I drank straight from the bottle, and I found the beer very drinkable for being a bit on the bitter side. This would compliment food very well. Overall, not even being my style of beer (not a big Pale Ale guy), I love this beer, and it remains the best Pale Ale I have ever had.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mrohia (143) - - SEP 2, 2014
Timothy O'Toole's Pub, Chicago, draft. Aroma is of sweet hops and pink grapefruit. Very fragrant. Cloudy and golden color. Delicious. Not overpowering. Soft and luscious palate. Average lacing. I could happily drink only this the rest of my life. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
scootimus (1) - Indianapolis, USA - AUG 27, 2014 does not count
Not sure why it is labeled pale because it has a sharp citrus flavor with a clean dry finish. Excellent!