overall

RATINGS: 50   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.15   IBU: 36   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Citizens, your cries for common ground have been heard! In an effort to bridge the gap between beer connoisseurs and weekend warriors, we at 3HB present the Common Man. This beer delivers intriguing hops with a smooth finish. Finally, a craft beer for all of us.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
wreckbruin (1) - - JUN 15, 2012 does not count
Pours a straw gold with some amber hue Some toasted grain on the nose, but not much hop as the description suggests Light and crisp on palate and taste with some refreshing hop forward balance

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mansquito (3581) - Nueva York, New York, USA - JUN 14, 2012
North Star, Ithaca tap ($6): Pours an amber color with a white head. Aroma is caramel malts and a bit of hops. The hops are, however, much stronger in the taste than they are in the aroma. Taste is somewhat malty, but not that much. This was not a very interesting beer, but it was well-balanced and it did have a nice hop profile.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
nyindiansfan (463) - rochester, New York, USA - JUN 8, 2012
Draft. Pours kind of golden nice head smells and tastes of grass malt grapefruit. Started out sweet kind of tart lemon then about three four sips I got a lot more of the hops. It wasn’t bad wasn’t good run of the mill average beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
frylock (1135) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUN 7, 2012
Clear golden beneath a foamy white head. Bread-like malt aroma with some vague fruit notes. Doughy, lightly sweet cereal-like malts. Pretty well balanced by herbal and slightly grassy hops. Easy drinking, but could use more of a hop presence.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ron (2692) - Rochester, New York, USA - MAY 6, 2012
On tap at the Old Toad last night after our dinner at the Fairport Inn. I bought this for my wife because they were out of Warsteiner Lager. She did not like this too much. I had this after I finished my Mikkeller Big Worst Barleywine. My tastebuds were a bit overloaded by the Mikkeller. I’ll have to try this again sometime.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Atom (1448) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAY 4, 2012
Bomber pours a clear copper/orange with a medium white head. Aroma of sweet malt, grain and with slight hops. Taste similar to aroma with yeast and grassy hops, clean and crisp. Refreshing, perfect for a hot summer day!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
j12601 (7000) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - MAY 1, 2012
Pouring at TAPNY. Pours a clear gold with a thin white head. Crisp grain on the nose, with some light esters behind it. Grainy, crisp, and clean. Cool and smooth, light easy drinking stuff. Very simple, but that was the goal here. Great lawnmower beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Thortron (3) - Illinois, USA - APR 29, 2012 does not count
Enjoyed this out of a bomber. Aroma reminded me of my fathers breath when I was young, robust, malty, slighty sweet. Looked beautiful, golden clear with high def rapid succession bubbles capped off in a fluff white lace. Smooth malt, a little hopped, with a hint of fresh harvested wheat. The feel was like my fathers 5 o’clock shadow when I was a boy, strong but comforting with a fresh hop bitterness that lingers a bit. Overall a very good lager that was a touch hoppy but I like that. Nice trip down down memory lane. Everything about it reminded me of my Pop’s beer. He is a common man and so am I.

wlajwl (4069) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - APR 27, 2012
Aroma is citrus and slightly effervescent yeast. The flavor is caramel malts, a hint of grapefruit and a hoppy finish, very dry. Very different from what I was expecting, this was very good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Stunmai (4) - USA - MAR 26, 2012 does not count
I had this at Lovin’ Cup in Rochester, in late March. The bartender recommenced it, I had never heard of it before. It had some hops to it, but lightly done so you could get the full taste of it. Yet it was also really smooth - hence the name special lager I guess. Either way it was an awesome beer. I’d recommend it to anyone.