Thunderhead Eigenberg Smoked Porter

RATINGS: 6   MEAN: 3.41/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1   ABV: -
Smoked porter.

Ringo's rating

Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - OCT 4, 2004
Draft. Very nice smoked porter. I would be very happy if a local brwer here in Colorado would make something like this that I could buy easily or find on tap at a restaurant. If you like smoked porter, you will like this one. Tell them Ringo sent you. NOTE - there is a beer here called Thunderhead Strong Porter. I don't know if that is the same beer, but I spoke with a brewery rep at the GABF and the beer was clearly labelled "smoked porter."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
That1Guy (1970) - Greeley, Colorado, USA - DEC 23, 2012
Part of a flight at the taproom. Pitch black with a tan head. Smoked to all hell. The gentleman next to me said it was like licking a grill. I wouldn’t go that far. A little too smoked for my taste, but still drinkable. It’s aight.

Ungstrup (29850) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - JUN 14, 2005
[At GABF 2004] A black beer with a disappearing orange head. The aroma is sweet and very roasty. The flavor is smoked with notes of rope and and a dry end.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
mdi (573) - Nebraska, USA - FEB 20, 2005
Tap at brewpub. Black with good head...very smokey with some bandaid in the aroma. SMoke dominates this beer, but I still found it enjoyable enough to put down 2 pints fo it. Not one of the most refined smoked beers I’ve had, but still enjoyable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
3fourths (8238) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - OCT 4, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 25, 2005 Ashtray, body odor, burning brake pads, burning vegetable compost, burning plastic. Yummy yum yum.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
JMerritt (1844) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - OCT 4, 2004
Stopped by the brewpub on our way to GABF 2004 and tried this. Dark black/ruby red with no head. Very smoky, burnt aroma, more burnt and ashy than other smoked beers I’ve tried in the past. Porter malt profile is very hidden underneath this "ashiness". Nice velvety mouthfeel.