Tired Hands Singel Hop Saison, Pacific Jade

click to upload
overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 3.68/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Saison hopped exclusively with Pacific Jade hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
JPDurden24 (1595) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - AUG 21, 2013
Hazy golden pour with a white head. Some hops, some citrus, a little tartness, and very refreshing. Good Stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
lachrymalisis (387) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 15, 2013
I’ve lost so much of my sanity, that my mind now seems nearly impenetrable to my conscious searching and recollection. There is one memory, and it shines like a fiery diamond burning it’s way out from history. Her olive-toned skin was something I’d only seen in my dreams. As my platoon disembarked onto Guadalcanal, I thought of my children back home, my wife, the mundane hell I’d forced upon myself. But I was free now. I had seen the face of god. I had felt the meaning of human life, and it liberated me from my own shackles! We had just taken the island, and security was our detail. I walked by her as she carried a basket of Papaya back to her village, in ruins. I could waste no time. "I will be with her tonight." The moon rose like the silver eye of lust. Driven half-mad from waiting even the few short hours I had—my eyes not closing for any purpose aside from imaging the pleasures we would have this night— I arose with purpose. I arose with determination. I arose with lust in my heart. I walked in blackness along the jungle trail the short distance to her village. I saw her fire still smoldering outside the door to her hut. I let myself in. I am silent, as is she. I can smell her nativity and it arouses the animal instinct in me. I consummate the savage lust in me, and hear not a sound from the girl. I know what heaven looks like, I know how far it is to the gates of hell. I have seen the totality of existence between this girls thighs. And I walked back to my camp. I heard the fruit doves chirping. I smelled the jasmine flowers blooming in the moonlight. When I awoke the next day, she had gone. I know not where. I sunk into darkness. This is the memory of my most desperate moment, the fear, the despair at the realization that I may never find her again. I would never know her again. I would never feel the heaven inside Pacific Jade again...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jesterdeal (1923) - Marlton, New Jersey, USA - JUL 13, 2013
Aroma of lemon meringue pie, grass, and barnyard. Pours hazy canary yellow with decent film. Taste is light wifh citrus, grass and slight pepper. Light and easy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
tcane7 (1668) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 11, 2013
Draft at TH. Pours a cloudy gold with some white head and lace. Notes of citrus, hay, pepper, spice, onion.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
czar (4531) - Québec, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 8, 2013
growler. almost clear pale yellow with a decent white head, retention and lacing. dill, sweetish hayish grains, some saisonish esters, although overshadowed by phenols - soft bananas, grassy-spicy yeastiness. average carbonation, light body - some texture, relatively short grassy-citrusy finish. nothing spectacular here and there seems to be some flaws too. not impressed. far from their simcoe single hop..

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheEpeeist (3371) - Media, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 8, 2013
On Tap at Tired Hands. Clearish yellow orange with a smooth white head. Nose is grass, yeast, citrus peel and toffee; nice, clean. Medium light with soft carb. Taste is unripe honeydew, kiwi, yeast and dry grass. Simple and fresh with just enough to contemplate.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
daknole (9226) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - MAY 7, 2013
Light gold pour, white head. Light herbal hops, citrus, yeasty, crisp tartness. Quite refreshing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jow (2203) - New York, USA - MAY 6, 2013
1st beer at the epic AZ crew’s driveway tasting. pours bright yellow with citrus and vegetal nose. tastes of tangerines, fresh cut grass, green onions, and herbal finish. crisp and drinkable and considering its 97 degrees out and no shade is too be had the refreshment is appreciated.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
tom10101 (2938) - Quebec, CANADA - MAY 4, 2013
Growler (1L). Straw color with a small white head and some lacing. Aroma of banana, bubblegum, Saison yeast, grains, piney hops and slight citrus. Taste is slightly sweet with banana, malt/grain, cereals, piney hops, slight citrus and light to moderate bitterness. Medium body. Slight dry. Sessionable. Refreshing and drinkable. I think it’s the first time and try Pacific Jade hops, it’s promising.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Hoppypocket (408) - Trois-rivieres, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 4, 2013
Pours a golden hay with little head and little to no lacing. Aroma of piney hops, light citrusy. Taste is light piney hops, citrusy, light banana taste, light grain, well, everything is light but everything makes a well balance brew. Low body and low carbonation. Tasty and sessionable.