Toccalmatto Tabula Rasa

Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 78   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
IvanParenti (10) - ITALY - JAN 31, 2015
Pale yellow, very nice and persistent white head. Aroma is flowers, cereals, hops and a minor but unpleasant off-flavour on the greasy side. Taste is flowers again, yeast, hops, quite bitter in the end to be a saison, very dry. Palate: medium carbonation. I didn’t mind it but not liked that much either, too dry in my opinion.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
AbouAli (151) - SWITZERLAND - JAN 10, 2015
couleur paille, mousse blanche qui ne reste pas très longtemps, nez de houblons fruitées, fruits tropicaux, citriques, légère touche de résine, levures belges-épicées, phénolique, aspect phénolique confirmé en bouche avec une amertume moyenne qui accompagne le goût prononcé des levures, assez sèches, pas assez carbonaté pour le style

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
crlnts (377) - SWITZERLAND - JAN 10, 2015
Yellow, very lightly hazy. Bubbly white head. Citrusy, earthy, peppery. Paint. Very dry and mild bitterness. Soft carbonation for a season. Good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mR_fr0g (4186) - Hertfordshire, ENGLAND - JAN 8, 2015
Keg at Borefts day1 26/09/2014. Bodegraven. Golden yellow / straw coloured pour with a thin white sticky head.Aroma is nice lemony floral citrus, with nice saison yeast character. Flavour is composed of crisp grains, little straw, crisp lemon citrus, refreshing, nice saison yeast. Palate is fairly light, refreshing, airy carbonation. Very tasty.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Palme (3606) - Bergen, NORWAY - DEC 31, 2014
On tap @ Borefts 2014. This is a cloudy really yellow and straw colored one, almost glowing in the glass and it has a nice little bright white head on the top. Nice fruity nose. Pleasant sweet, some nice fresh citrus. Wheat, coriander and some yeast. Repeating my self again, but this is a nice one - both on looks, aroma and taste. Tastes fresh. Lots of nice wheat sweetness here. Light oily in the mouth and it’s about average on the carbonation. Mild soapy bitter in a really good way. Not the at astringency they can have. Citrus finish with mild yeast and white pepper. A really thirst-quenching one that I’d like to have again sometime. 27.09.2014

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Prufrockstar (1216) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 15, 2014
Draft at mikkeller. after the rooie dop (which despite being perfectly fine I couldn’t finish -- too sweet and candy-like, it turns out), I figured I’d go for a nice light dry saison. Pours beautiful clear gold amber with lovely white head that hangs around just long enough. Aroma: lemon-citrus hint of pine (think: floor polish, but in a good way). Light pepper, herbal and slightly floral. Taste is disappointingly muted. Flavors are more subtle than the nose, which is a little surprising because aside from the citrus the nose was subdued. But this may grow on me yet, I’m not giving up. Feels nice and lush on my tongue, which I appreciate. Very soft, like I’m drinking beer made with ultra special soft water. Mineral, a hint of funk without any actual funk being present. I read some pretentious bullshit recently about negative space, and now I’m feeling all pretentious and bullshitty about the "negative space" in this beer. Maybe it’s the surrounding? This seems like a place to bring out the pretentious in a person (even though if you look at it clearly the bar space has the aesthetics of a chipotle), this is growing on me though (the beer, not the place -- I’m sure I’ll be back again soon, but doing feel like I belong here, and this is a bar where I can’t imagine seeing *anybody* having a "regular" relationship with the bartender. Lively, but oddly impersonal. Maybe I should write a place review instead of rambling in a beer review? This is what happens when I rate off of more than 4oz, I type faster than I drink.) some onion in the taste. Tiny bit of tartness in the end. It seems like this beer wants to be out of the way, doesn’t really want you to think about it? Because the more I try to focus on it and give it its due, the less I like it. Irritatingly bland. Overall: I’m striking out here tonight, and paying way too much money to do so. Fuck this place.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ElManana (546) - Scheldewindeke, BELGIUM - DEC 7, 2014
At Borefts 2014. Pours yellow with white head. Ripe fruits, citrus, hoppiness, sour, refreshing. Very good stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
maekchu (2361) - Hirakata, JAPAN - NOV 30, 2014
Bomber. Thanks to mike12da. Pleasant, lightly pungent fruity nose, and a bit of very ripe funk. Light hazy honey color. Thin strained fruit, gentle bittering, tropical fruit, and a gentle pepper note. Thin-medium body. Gendle, lightly funky. Not over the top. Tasty stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
KyotoLefty (6835) - Kyoto, JAPAN - NOV 29, 2014
Bomber. Glowing bright gold, hazy, with a fine, low head. Lemony nose, light spice, herbal, a bit of thinner. Flavor is lemony and a bit too vegetal to be great, but otherwise very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MotherBrother (773) - Aalborg, DENMARK - NOV 13, 2014
@ Borefts 2014. Pour hazy bright yellow, with a small ring of white head. Aroma is grassy, peppery, and somewhat lemony. Taste is slightly sweet, but mostly bitter. Watery body, with some pricking/sparkling sensation on the tongue.