overall
Brewed by Haacht
Style: Abbey Tripel
Boortmeerbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 313   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Instead of the old 8į tripel, the Prior is the newest abbey-offering by Haacht.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
BoltonDK (570) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JAN 25, 2013
Bottle at home. Spicy sweet nose. Dark yellow color snow White head. Medium body, dry spicy Nice belgian ale. :) Bolton Brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
gunnar (6127) - Sandnes, NORWAY - JAN 22, 2013
Bottle from Vinmonopolet. Pours hazy golden with a huge spongy white head. Aroma is sweet malty, yeast and citrus. Taste is sweet citrus, light alcohol burn, metallic end. Nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Bathory (458) - Bryne, NORWAY - JAN 15, 2013
Pours a straw yellow colour with a 2 finger shite head. Donít get that much out of the aroma, some hay, yeast and floral notes. Falvour is well balanced with the hay, candysugar, malts, cereal and dough. Alcohol isnít notable at all. Long sweet and sour aftertaste. Lots of carbonation, medium body and a slick mouthfeel. An enjoyable beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
rand (1297) - SWITZERLAND - JAN 12, 2013
Golden Blonde with a nice white and persistant foam, sticking to the glass. Acidulated aromas with hints of honey, barley sugar, coriander and hop. The mouth is very spiced, rich and greedy. There is bitterness of citrus and an acidity a bit pricking. A powerfull and tasty beer with notes of citrus-zest and endive in finale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
andrepintado (1793) - Lisbon, PORTUGAL - JAN 11, 2013
33cl bottle from a wine store in Braga. Dark golden color with large white head. Medium to high carbonation. High sweetness and low to medium bitterness. Spicy, alcohol, malt aroma.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Habanero (3045) - Tranbjerg, DENMARK - DEC 29, 2012
Bottled. Pours slightly hazy and pale golden with a large white head. Nose of caramel, bread, yeast, floral hops and grassy notes. Sweet flavor that ends up more dry and with a mild bitterness. Medium bodied, oily texture and avarage to lively CO2. An OK - classic triple. ★★★

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Oakes (13174) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 20, 2012
Hazy tan, medium head. The aroma is yeasty, slightly spicy and bready. The taste is spicy, sweet at first, with pale malt and then dry later on. Decent tripel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ousen (32) - , DENMARK - DEC 15, 2012
Nice yellow beer with a fine laced white head. Aroma is spices like cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon. Taste is sweet malts, spices, alcohol. Ends warming. Nice

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
IlBevitorediLA (452) - ITALY - DEC 14, 2012
UPDATED: DEC 15, 2012 Aroma potente, robusto, fruttato a tratti floreale e mediamente alcolico. Bionda con un bel cappello di schiuma. Entrata corposa con dolci fruttati equilibrati da una buona carbonatura e sopratutto dallíalcol. La luppolatura (lieve) si fa notare solo alla fine. Una tripel classica fatta bene.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Un_Pudu (1) - CHILE - DEC 6, 2012 does not count
I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it.