overall
Brewed by Haacht
Style: Abbey Tripel
Boortmeerbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 308   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Instead of the old 8į tripel, the Prior is the newest abbey-offering by Haacht.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Habanero (2862) - Tranbjerg, DENMARK - DEC 29, 2012
Bottled. Pours slightly hazy and pale golden with a large white head. Nose of caramel, bread, yeast, floral hops and grassy notes. Sweet flavor that ends up more dry and with a mild bitterness. Medium bodied, oily texture and avarage to lively CO2. An OK - classic triple. ★★★

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Oakes (13021) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 20, 2012
Hazy tan, medium head. The aroma is yeasty, slightly spicy and bready. The taste is spicy, sweet at first, with pale malt and then dry later on. Decent tripel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ousen (32) - , DENMARK - DEC 15, 2012
Nice yellow beer with a fine laced white head. Aroma is spices like cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon. Taste is sweet malts, spices, alcohol. Ends warming. Nice

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
IlBevitorediLA (452) - ITALY - DEC 14, 2012
UPDATED: DEC 15, 2012 Aroma potente, robusto, fruttato a tratti floreale e mediamente alcolico. Bionda con un bel cappello di schiuma. Entrata corposa con dolci fruttati equilibrati da una buona carbonatura e sopratutto dallíalcol. La luppolatura (lieve) si fa notare solo alla fine. Una tripel classica fatta bene.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Un_Pudu (1) - CHILE - DEC 6, 2012 does not count
I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it. I didnít like it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
brnandersen (2239) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - DEC 1, 2012
75 cl. bottle poured in to a tulip Hazy golden colour with a big, bubbly white head. Aroma with spices, yeasts - sweet, exotic fruits and bubblegum, a little alcohol. Medium sweetness, medium body, lively carbonated. Medium length finish with banana, some bread notes and a touch of alcohol. Okay tripel.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ShivanDragon (1912) - Leeuwarden, NETHERLANDS - NOV 30, 2012
UPDATED: DEC 19, 2012 aroma van fruit, parfum, maar wel vrij weinig
ziet eruit als een pilsje smaak van gerst en tarwe, redelijk bitter, pittig en behoorlijk alcoholisch.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
kragelund (107) - , DENMARK - NOV 25, 2012
(bottle 75cl) Pours yellow with a rough quicly dissapearing head. A little high in carbonation. Yeasty malty aroma. malty sweet flavour with classic fruity and peppery esters. Ok tripel

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
KoNrRiI (600) - Ňrhus, DENMARK - NOV 22, 2012
0.75 bottle. Nice blonde color, cloudy with a small white head. Quite strong and definitely sweet appealing hop aroma composed mostly of banana, citrus and a tad of coriander. Resolute, sweet taste with a note of bitterness in the background, slowly emerging as one savors the sip. Medium body, creamy texture and a soft carbonation which could be qualified as average for its style. Finish is long, repeats the slight background bitterness which stops the beer from being sugary, and introduces a thick gluey sensation to the palate. All in all the beer is splendid, in many features pretty similar to a typical German Hefeweizen, yet not as refreshing and crisp. Might be overly sweet to some but definitely worth a try.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
gam (3425) - brisbane, AUSTRALIA - NOV 6, 2012
Medium head gold pour weak carbonation aromas mild spice malt grain hay maybe not much there flavours grassy hay citrus touch lemon orange sweetness is medium okay the finish easy tasting ale okay on tonsils hoppy aftertastes mild spice grain not bad