overall

RATINGS: 22   MEAN: 1.95/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.14   IBU: 79   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
mmill527 (72) - Wisconsin, USA - JAN 11, 2014
Simply put... this is not an IPA. It is not a horrible beer although not a good one either. I bought a 6 pack weeks ago and I still have 4. I think Iíll use a couple to boil up some brats.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Ericular (555) - Minnesota, USA - NOV 3, 2013
From a bottle at the Loring Pasta Bar. This beer was sweet and grainy, nothing at all like an IPA should be. Quite a let down overall. Higher ABV only redeeming quality.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
pineybob (16) - MYSTIC ISLANDS, New Jersey, USA - OCT 10, 2013
While Iím not rushing out to by a keg of the stuff, I do think the ratings in general a bit harsh. These guys are just getting going and I met the brewmaster at a tasting at Harbor Wine & Spirits in Mound, MN. IPAís being last on my list of acceptable styles of beer it was in a way as described not all that hoppy, I rather liked the subtle hoppyness and overall flavor. To me a nice beer for the Lake. I think patience is a real virtue as these folks get their feet on the ground, they seem like they really want to brew a nice beer or two, make a couple dollars and help the lakes.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Skyview (5150) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - SEP 7, 2013
Received a sample 16-oz can from local distributor. Pours a clear light golden pale amber colored brew with a fast dissipating off-white head that dissipates clean with no lacing or white ring. Aroma of orange and lemon rind, some golden grain malt, a hint of creamed corn and a touch of honey. Finish is medium bodied, no carbonation with flavors of orange Tang, golden grain malt and some corn. Finish is semi-sweet (whereís the hop bitterness??) with a gritty corn and artificial orange aftertaste. Yikes! Oh well, at least it kills brown slugs in my garden.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
hair-old (183) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JUL 27, 2013
Minhastonka,another ghetto brew from the folks in Monroe Wisconsin. Looks like it actually came from Lake Minnetonka,with some corn syrup alcohol to give it the nasty rancid taste this brewer is famous for.I will recycle the remaining cans by pouring them back in the lake where they belong.This brewer should only be allowed to bottle in 40 ounce bottles.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Biggtyme (1) - - JUN 26, 2013 does not count
Sadly disappointed thought I was getting a decent IPA with the 79 IBU listed. I like bitter beer and while not to high its still higher then most and it tasted more like a Pilsner to me personally. Give it a try as they donate all profits to save-our-lakes.com and its not to expensive then give the remaining 3 cans to your disliked neighbor or friend!

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Dangeruss (21) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - MAY 27, 2013
Can at a friends house. He said he had it and it was undrinkable. I cracked it open and he was right this is a terrible beer. Couldnít finish it. Not even an IPA it is more like fermented orange Hi-C

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
mnmike (1015) - Minnesota, USA - MAR 24, 2013
Very underwhelming here. Bought this to try out the brewery and profits go to Save the Lakes. I guess they actually donít like the lakes... This is not an IPA.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
drfabulous (3828) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - MAR 22, 2013
Big 16 ounce can. I got this as an extra in a trade. Did I do something wrong? Malty and sticky. Not worth finishing 16 ounces of it.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
heermant (11) - Minnesota, USA - JAN 23, 2013
I donít want to dis a local beer, but gosh, Did they taste it before canning it? Its really lousy. Reminds me of classic cheapo beers of the 70ís like Hauenstein. Craft beer implies a level of expertise, and this product exhibits none.