Town Hall Fresh Hop Ale 2008

(RETIRED)
Town Hall Fresh Hop Ale 2008
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 14   MEAN: 4.06/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.66   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
We had to beg, borrow, and steal to get our 200lbs of vine fresh Cascade hops this year...But we got them. Picked Friday, in the Pacific Northwest, and in our brew kettle by 9:00am Saturday this IPA offers the unique flavor of the “Vine Wet Hop.”

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Syd (921) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - OCT 16, 2008
Growler my wife brought me (love), pours a clear amber with a big and dense head that clings, laces, and has pillow like structures. The aroma is of sitting in pine trees in Boundary Waters on a hot summer day surrounded by pot. The flavor makes me think of eating pine trees - many parts are edible. There is citrus, grapefruit, but this one is pine hop forward. The body is almost oily from the hop feel, resinous, broth like - hop soup. Can you tell I like this? Yes, yes I do. I need more growlers of this. Post script: My growler had a hop in it! I chewed that baby right up!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JK (4441) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - OCT 12, 2008
ABR 2008. Loads of hops everywhere in this hop-centric beer. The malt takes a back seat. Pine and citrus aroma, with more citrus in the flavor, along with flowers. Wonderfully bitter, with a mild hop burn that would surely be stronger if I had a full pint or 3.

badgerben (4403) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - SEP 30, 2008
Autumn Brew Review 2008. Copper color with a thin head. Big, grassy and orange hop aroma. Strong bitterness. Lots of pine, finishing a little citrusy. Not nearly as grassy or vegetal as I would have expected from a Fresh Hop, but damn good.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
incutrav (577) - Woodbury, Minnesota, USA - SEP 29, 2008
Explodes with piney hop aroma. Right on pace with last years batch. Nicely bitter, like chewing on a hop vine. One of the best brews I tried at ABR. Will be getting some growlers of this!