overall

RATINGS: 471   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.95   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jsquire (3691) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - JUL 29, 2005
Thanks to secret santa for getting me this great growler. I pours a golden copper color with a huge rocky off white head that left tracks of lace on the glass. This beer does not seem to be affected by the shipping at all. I could smell the nose at once when I opened the growler. Very fresh floral hops with pineapple and tangerine. Lots of sticky resin when you drink it. Tangerine, peach, pineapple, caramel all on buttered toast. The finish is more grapefruit rind, and it just fads slowly off your palate. This is an excellent IPA with all the right flavors in all the right places.

tomxcs (321) - California, USA - JUN 26, 2005
A sample from my roommate, from a growler. Burnt orange body with a voluminous, fluffy head. Huge bitter orange, lots of pine resin, grassy flowers. Toasty malt. Sharp hop presence. Long-lasting hop bitterness. A great mouthfeel due to the creamy, full body. Simply a lovely beer!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
fatty (363) - Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 25, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2006 Dark amber orange body with a thin lacing white head. Light floral aroma with citrus and malts. Creamy palate with a full balanced flavor of hops, citrus, and caramel.

BCAR (222) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - JUN 22, 2005
floral aroma. Pine is refreshing. Nice alcohol profile with this. Smooth and slightly bitter make this a great drinking ipa.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
HopasaurusRex (195) - Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA - MAY 19, 2005
Only had a sample, so donít take my rating to heart. More or less hits the mark in terms of hops, but didnít really thrill me. Guess Iím more of a west coaster when I look for an IPA. Still a nice beer though.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
hopdog (9588) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 14, 2005
Growler acquired in trade with Robertsreality (thanks!). The USPS must have shipped my trade from MN to PA by way of CA. Here I sit with a whole Growler of this great beer and I have to drink it all myself (donít trust letting it sit any longer). Poured a dark amber color with a large sized off white head. Aromas of pine, citrus and malts. Tastes of pines, grapefruits and caramel. This is one nicely balanced IPA. Real easy going down and migthtly tasty.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ClarkVV (4058) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 13, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 20, 2005 2005 growler from Robertsreality! Pour is a 5 from me. Huge head, is well retained throughout most of the glass. Ample lacing is left and the beer is unfiltered with a magenta-orange-amber appearance and a yellowish head, nice and creamy. Iíve been wondering about this beer for some time now and wow did it deliver. Aroma is fresh hop juice, BUT not too bitter. More candied oranges, sweet caramel and toffee, peaches, cream, vanilla, light hints of grapefruit. Big and juicy. Flavor is even better than the aroma, IMO. Full body immediately delivers the malt, rich, creamy and moderately sweet, the caramel, toffee and honey all provide ample balance to the citric, juicy hops. While the hops and malt are nothing new, they are just so gloriously executed and the body and mouthfeel lacks nothing, or so I thought. Creamy smooth, with tingly carbonation and a finishing bitterness that almost goes too far, in my book, but not quite. Bit of pine acidity on the finish, brings back memories of the old DFH 90 minute, before they started filtering it. Almost a green hops flavor, like Amherst IPA. Juicy and fruity, creamy and malty, with natural carbonation. I canít ask for much more out of an AIPA. Thanks so much Rob, this kicked ass! (on a side note, I think I have to give The Tap Leather Lips another try).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
egajdzis (5515) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 1, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 13, 2005 Poured a dark, reddish amber color with a small, off white head that left light lacing on the glass. Aroma of light floral and citrus hops, light caramel malts in the background. Taste of mostly the same, with lots of fruity hoppiness, a really nice IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - APR 27, 2005
UPDATED: NOV 18, 2005 Amazingly good. Deep copper. Great nose, very citric, some sweet creaminess. Huge hop taste, very tart and dry, big grapefuirt. Great balance, kiss of caramel and maltiness. Palate-wise, absolutely perfect, fills the mouth beautifully, creamy and full. A truly great beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
darkstar (69) - Eureka, Missouri, USA - APR 5, 2005
My sonís mother lives in Minnesota and was kind of enough to pick up a growler for me. pretty nice for an ex wife! My refrigerator beer is Two Hearted Ale so that is what I measure all IPAs against. This was extremely good but I would have to say I prefer Two Hearted Ale. Orange/amber color which pours a nice head with heavly lacing. Scent was more fruity than floral. The taste was somewhat grapefruit, pine needles. Not as citrusy as Two Hearted Ale, a bit more malt flavor. Damn good beer. Looks like my son will have a stop on the way home from his visits up north. Am anxious to try their other beers.