overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 349   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.27/5   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
In Bavaria, a unique strain of wheat beer yeast produces an array of distinct flavor qualities typical of a true Hefeweizen: citrus, bubble gum, clove and banana. Trader Joe’s Bavarian-style Hefeweizen is fermented with this exceptional strain. In accordance with the German purity law, this superior beer is brewed with a minimum of 50% malted wheat. Beer Stats 5.3% ABV, 12 I.B.U. Fermented with top fermenting yeast. Brewed for Trader Joe’s specialty grocery stores.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BrewBrain (142) - Florida, USA - JUL 18, 2016
Trader joe’s bottle to improvised Weizen glass (pilsner). Banana yeasty sweet aroma. Cloudy light amber with foamy head. Sweet banana slight tartness. Light mouthfeel, highly carbonated. Not my usual style but definitely grew on me over the course of 10 minutes.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Quick3Beers (840) - East Falmouth, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 26, 2016
Pours a rather dark hazy amber from a bottle. Nose of banana and clove, flavor adds bubble gum. Okay beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ByTheirLimpin (269) - New York, USA - MAY 16, 2016
Surprised by this. Cloudy orange in the glass. Nose hits the classic Heffe notes, hit a great whack of banana. Palate is a little syrupy for my preference, but at the price point, very drinkable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
achtungpv (254) - Austin, Texas, USA - FEB 11, 2016
OK. There’s some citrus, some yeasty-ness, a bit of minor hops. Not bad but nothing stands out. Decent beer if it’s free beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
r464 (2254) - Earth, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 1, 2015
Cloudy yellow. Citrus and spices, banana and sugar. A light malt, crisp with a long and full finish. Not bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
burleybrew (75) - - NOV 24, 2015
Gordon Biersch beers in a TJ’s label & all for $6 a 6 pack. A wonderful Bavarian Hefe. Great clove, wheat, & dry finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
csaso (2041) - Missouri, USA - NOV 20, 2015
Bottle - big foamy head, hazy dark straw color, big banana, clove and bubblegum aroma and flavor, sweet wheat backbone, nice yeasty finish, good hefe overall ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
cheap (5215) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 6, 2015
From a cheap traders joe bottle, looks like a hefe with body. Has that typical hefe banana aroma. Perhaps a little vinegary, but I like the feel tartness adds to this hefe. Yes, I’m starting to really appreciate this one. Good cheap hefe for a $1! Liked it! From previous Josephsbrau, wasn’t sure I would but this is not bad!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
JoeLovesHops (12) - - JUL 27, 2015
While pouring, I swirled the last 25% in the bottle before pouring the rest of it out, as I was directed, to get all of the yeast out. Nice frothy head and good hazy yellowish color; not much aroma. In the flavor, I got the spice, and some kind of fruit; but it also had a cloying sweetness; I have had this type of beer before. I can see why others like it, but this is definitely not my type of beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
smcolw (617) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 15, 2015
Impressive initial head that leaves excellent ring lace on the glass. Brown color that is so cloudy it looks muddy. Sweet dark malt aroma. I can detect wheat but it’s in the background to sweet smell. Reminds me of a dark bock. Reminds me of a candy bar. This is coyingly sweet and unbalanced. There is a good bit of wheat in the background. The body is appropriate for the style with good level of carbonation. Too sweet to be a contender. I won’t be repurchasing this again.