overall
Brewed by Trafalgar Ales & Meads
Style: Mead
Oakville, Canada

RATINGS: 49   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.47   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Derived from the simple mixture of fermented honey, water, and yeast, the art of mead-making reaches back thousands of years, peaking in the Middle Ages. The spiritual and cultural significance of mead has been celebrated throughout the ages. Trafalgarís Mead Braggot adds premium hops and malt to the ancient recipe, creating a delicious, refreshing drink unlike any other!

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
schedia (14) - - MAY 26, 2013
500 ml. ceramic fancy bottle. Pours a hazy, no head no lacing dark orange colour drink. Soft aroma of yeast, grape, green apple with other fruity notes. A little bit of floral honey and no hops. More a carbonated juice, or a cider drink with alcohol Not my kind of beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DeanF (1662) - Nunavut, CANADA - MAY 5, 2013
I always love these fancy jars and packages for beers, but of course when you splurge on such things itís a risk that the quality of the actual beer can be compromised.... but the jar throws me back to 1500 when I was in a smoky tavern, wood and feces galore, sailors just back from the New World regailing me with stories, urging me to open it before the pressgangers stormed tha place.... Very little pressure pulling the cork off, obviously not much yeast in the mix. Soft aroma of yeast and apple. Foggy body with just a small head, but solid and reliable. The flavour, though - the flavour! A great mix of light ale and mead, cider notes, incredibly well balanced. Itís not a mead, yet it is, as it delivers mead taste with a decent beer carbonation on the back end. Modestly dry finish. This is a good experiment that turns out as a success.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
deleeuwman (1) - - APR 26, 2013 does not count
It is indeed a nice refreshing drink that has a pleasant after taste and settles smoothly in the stomach.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
mikenebbs17 (7) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - APR 17, 2013 does not count
Amazing beer, slightly strong but with a taste of honey. Shame its only a seasonal thing -- rated via 'Find A Beer' for Blackberry 10

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
OntBeerDrinker (418) - Ontario, CANADA - APR 2, 2013
The head dont last. rusty copper orange and carbinated. smells of like grape/apple juice and stuff. Not sure if I taste honey. I get a boozy carbinated juice that also has a little hop and spice present. The 8.5% is felt a bit. So to me itís like a boozy juice. Not fantastic but I do like cheers

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mathieuc (1141) - Quťbec, Quebec, CANADA - MAR 29, 2013
Pours clear, translucent yellow with no head. In fact, even a vigorous pour could only summon big ugly bubbles and no head. Aroma is sweet honey and... not much else really. Where are the hops? Digging deeper. There is a few fruity notes too now, no hops. Taste is raw honey, not picking up any malt or hops again... at least it is not cloying. Mouthfeel is a bit thin but I can forgive that, it is still drinkable at least. I wasnít expecting much and I am not getting much either... Never had any other products from Trafalgar but this wouldnít push me to look further.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
jercraigs (7456) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 11, 2013
2013-02-22. Hazy dark orange amber, small off-white head. Odd aroma of honey with alcohol and phenols. lightly fruity. flavour is a bit odd, sort of tangy Honey character. Odd finish has an almost mineral undertone. Floral perfumey honey. Good enough that Greg decide to bathe his phone with it. Bottle shared by Hogtownharry.

"Wait, Why canít * I * be the homophobe?"

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Alpha10 (304) - Ontario, CANADA - MAR 1, 2013
2013/03/01 - pours a light golden color with a thin white head. Aroma is honey and cranberries. Taste is tart cranberries, very light honey with a dry finish. Has a sourness to it with a medium mouthfeel and less carbonation that expected. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
NorthRider (1) - - FEB 28, 2013 does not count
I have been a beer drinker for as long as I have known. I predominantly drink Guinness and Kilkenny with a favourite domestic thrown in. I have now discovered "Trafalgarís Baggott Mead". The best word to describe it is "amazing", maybe even "outstanding". I feel this could be my beverage of choice for the rest of my life, except for one humongous problem. For one 500ml stoneware bottle you have to pay 9.99!!!!!!! it is bottled in a different type of bottle, with a not so ridiculuious price tag, I feel this brew will explode in sales and consumption. There is a big difference in production consistency. I have had to return a few bottles to the LCBO, but when it is good it is spectacular. I am only giiving this brew a 4.8 out of 5 only because they can occasionally, "hit the nail on the head"! Once the brewery gets itís consistency right, the world will be a better place. North Rider

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
blankboy (5945) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 26, 2013
Bottle [500ml] shared with HogTownHarry, GregClow, jercraigs & mabel -- c/o HogTownHarry. Pours copper-gold with a spare diminishing white head. Aroma is garbage, with stale honey, some leafiness and something off-putting I canít place. Flavour: How to describe this? Vegetal with floral notes, perfumy honey and something bad. Light bodied. Like I said, garbage.