overall

RATINGS: 182   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Bursting with 3.5lbs / BBL of pungent American hops, Julius is loaded with notes of passionfruit, mango, and citrus. A soft, pillowy mouthfeel and rounded bitterness makes Julius very, very easy to drink. You’ve been warned.

GODFROMANAL (3) - Illinois, USA - JUL 10, 2013 does not count
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2014 *** BAD TRADER ALERT *** gn0sis only sent me a single 750 of this beer. He should’ve anticipated the profound effect the liquid would have on me and swung a Melchizedek, obviously. Tsk, tsk… I’ll just copy and paste from my texts: "Best IPA I’ve *ever* had in a big way - legit thought I was past the point of being wowed on that level style-wise" … So there you have it. A true masterpiece, Tree House! And thanks a million Eric.

fernans (48) - Rhode Island, USA - DEC 2, 2015
There have beers that jumped out at me and were truly memorable. Rochefort 8. Trillium DDH Summer St. Sip of Sunshine. CBS. This is one of them. As soon as you pour, citrusy and melon aromas hit your nose. No need to put the glass near your nose. It finds you. Hazy orange in color. The taste amplifies those aromas. Citrus and smooth. Truly memorable. Cheers!

sbrock22 (3) - Providence, Rhode Island, USA - DEC 4, 2015 does not count
This easy drinking citrusy IPA is probably the best on the market. Even if the aroma has faded, this beer has such a smooth and enjoyable body that continues to bring the tropical flavor throughout.

krumbum (797) - truckee, California, USA - DEC 25, 2015
Beautiful floral bready hoppiness to the aromas. Beautiful cloudy Orange with lasting head. A beautiful hop that is there and then so ballanced that an ipa hater still will love it. Lives up to any claim.

mikechapin (2) - - JAN 21, 2016 does not count
Honestly the most drinkable beer I have ever had. Slight fruit taste. Just enough ABV. My favorite beer to date.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
bigda83 (645) - Jamestown, New York, USA - JUN 15, 2015
UPDATED: NOV 12, 2015 Re-rating this based on having it again 11-11 (original rating was below). Can around 2 weeks old this time and what a turn around! I think I held onto the last one way too long before and it must have turned and fallen way off. Pour was orange and cloudy with a fluffy white head with lacing left on the glass. Aroma bursts out with tons of orange, peach, mango, passion fruit notes. Quite wonderful. Flavor follows the nose with tons of juicy fruits and a very lovely bitter bite to it. This reminded me of the Curiosity 22 I had recently, except I liked this a little better. What a difference a fresh can makes from my first impression. Medium body, a sticky texture, bubbly carbonation, and a bitter bite to end. Superb! Original rating started here and I’ll leave for reference......................................... #400 for me! Sadly, it was a letdown of a beer I really hyped :( Aroma was decent with citrus and tropical fruits, but a sweet maltiness was present, which I knew was a bad sign (at least for me, we all have different tastes and preferences). Flavor was very malty, sweet, orange, and had an apple juice taste. Not much as far as hop flavor stood out. This can was from the release before the recent 6-12 one. From my calulation that is only around one month. I’m kind of shocked that it would have already fallen off in that short window. Either that, or this was the way it was supposed to be and I just wasn’t a fan.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ElManana (1383) - Scheldewindeke, BELGIUM - JUN 25, 2015
Can from trade. So eager to try this. Pours very orange with a big head. Exotic hops, oranges, citrus, truly a fine IPA, maybe the best I've tried.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
drenouf3271 (3) - Connecticut, USA - SEP 25, 2015 does not count
New England style IPA fruit bomb. Pours a completely opaque beautiful orange color like a fruit juice. Pillowy head. The nose is unbelievable fruit oranges, mangos, tropical. Mouth feel is somewhat creamy and wonderful. Taste follows the nose then a mid mouth bitterness and a sweet fruit aftertaste. No alcohol on the nose or taste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Godofthecellar (677) - NYC, New York, USA - MAR 26, 2013
UPDATED: MAR 27, 2013 #200 rating Wow..... Thanks Eric for grabbing me this growler. I didn’t expect much but needless to say, I am blown away. Nose was grapefruit and resin Poured a peachy amber color with three finger head.. very little lacing. Taste followed the nose, very citric countered by the sweetness of stone fruit. Peach and nectarines produced one of the juiciest IPA’s I have tasted.., resin and pine. This growler reminds me of the beauty societiy and solitude #5 brought to the table. Simple yet well refined. Can’t wait to try more from this brewery

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
311bulldog (3) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 27, 2015 does not count
growler fill. pours a cloudy golden orange with small head. This beer has the best aroma of any beer I have ever had! Strong citrus aroma - mango, citrus, and citrus. A delicious, tropical tasting IPA. My favorite IPA that I have ever had!