Hophugger Pale Ale

Timaru, New Zealand

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.73/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
beer-yum (456) - Wellington, NEW ZEALAND - FEB 19, 2014
Enjoyed on tap at a Fork and Brewer event in Wellington last year. Was a standout brew that drew me away from some of the in-house beers that were on offer. If you are looking for an antipodean pale ale you wont go wrong with this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jimthechap (1619) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - DEC 2, 2013
I didnt mean to, it just sort of happened. I meant to only have one pint and then move on to something else and before I knew it it was 11pm and Id had seven pints of this beer and loved every single sip. My numbers for this beer gain from its sheer sessionability and I can categorically state that I will be going back for more. Pale orange to amber colour with a slight haze and a white head that followed the body down to the bottom of the glass. Aromas of summerfruit, peaches, passionfruit, lime peel and pomegranate. Dryish body with plenty of prickly sparkle and nice twinges of bitterness. Long finishing and thanks to the attentions of the bar staff, a pint that was almost bottomless. Bliss!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
kiwianer (3339) - Otorohanga, NEW ZEALAND - OCT 6, 2013
The head is good, the body light. It smells sweet, hoppy. The taste is hoppy, aromatic, fruity, bit malty, bit bitter. Nice and tasty!