Tröegs Dreamenator

Tröegs Dreamenator
     click to upload
overall
Serve in Stein, Weizen

RATINGS: 12   MEAN: 3.53/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
As the name implies, Dreamenator is a combination of Troegenator and DreamWeaver. “We made a special batch of Troegenator at a lower specific gravity just for this beer and fermented it with DreamWeaver yeast,” explained John Trogner. “Dreamenator is unfiltered, so it will be cloudy, and is around 6.5% abv. The yeast will be a dominant taste in Dreamenator, but the smooth malt flavor of the Troegenator is noticeable as well. After fermentation we let the beer rest for about three weeks before kegging.”

Exclusive to the Tröegs tasting room and the 2006 Kennett Brewfest.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
egajdzis (5341) - Spring Mount, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 8, 2006
Poured a hazy, amber brown color with a small, off white head that left nice lacing on the glass. Aroma of banana, roast, nuts, caramel malts, and light clove. Taste of roasted malts, caramel, nuts, banana, and citrus, with a light hoppiness in the finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Illinest (14) - Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 7, 2006
Aroma: Mostly grassy with a hint of banana Appearance: Thick white head on top of a cloudy reddish brown body. Excellent lacing as you drink it down. Unfiltered Flavor: Initially malty and sweet, fading into a lasting nutty sweetness with some bitter hops notes. Walnut comes to mind. Palatte: Thick, full bodied, smooth, with med. carbonation. I really wanted to be the first to review a beer, and today I get my chance. I took the tour and John Trogner proved to be very gracious and knowledgeable, answering all of our questions with enthusiasm. I think I would prefer the regular Troegenator if my money were on the line, this is an interesting brew and I’d drink it again, but it’s not my favorite from Troegs. I took some home in a growler so I will be trying this again tonight and tomorrow, and sharing.