overall

RATINGS: 1503   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.93   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 93   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Squeeze those hops for all they’re worth and prepare to pucker up: Tröegs’ newest single batch brew, Nugget Nectar Ale, will take hopheads to nirvana with a heady collection of Nugget, Warrior and Tomahawk hops. Starting with the same base ingredients of our flagship HopBack Amber Ale, Nugget Nectar intensifies the malt and hop flavors to create an explosive hop experience.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
padrefan98 (854) - (San Diego) Santee, California, USA - APR 1, 2007
12 oz trade thanks to dmac621. Bitter flavor with some hints of citrus and malts. Very dry finish. Small head and little lacing left on the glass. This was a pretty average ipa for me. I was really expecting more hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
JJClark (551) - Roscoe, Illinois, USA - MAR 31, 2007
Bottle from trade with kmweaver. Thanks Ken! Pours a light amber color with a decent size foamy head. Aroma of pine and citrus. Taste is a very definate hop and grapefruit kick. Has a slight caramel and malt flavor come in on the finish. Dry and light. Nice brew!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
bmurray (20) - Hatfield, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 29, 2007
Suggested by the owner of Ryan’s beverage in Northwales. Found a few 12ozs at Bluedog pub. An amazing brew. Kinda light for an IPA, but it’s loaded with subtle citrus, melon and pine flavors. The hops hit right were they should, but not as hard as I would like them to. Alcohol is no where to be found. I’m torn between how much I like hop-monsters and how much I like a bouquet of well adjusted flavors. In the end, this is a very complex and solid IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Soonah (1120) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - MAR 27, 2007
From Immy via trade. Oh dark and powerful one, blessed am I to receive your bountiful tidings. Anyhoo, on to my review. Pour was a vibrant copper color with a one-finger white head of tight bubbles. Some lacing. The aroma was very nice. Citrusy hops with a bit of pine and even some coconut (I was gonna say I smelled some Coppertone suntan lotion, but we’ll just say "coconut"). Flavor was bold pine and citrus hops draped over a malt backbone that seemed to wobble under the weight of the hops. Finish isn’t as clean as I expected and the mouthfeel was decent but a bit more on the watery side than I anticipated.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
pforei (338) - USA - MAR 27, 2007
Bottle. Tulip glass. Amber color with moderate head. Hoppy grapefruit, pine and somewhat sweet aroma. Taste is more sweet and less bitter than expected but it is still the hops that clearly dominate. Thin body with a quick dry finnish. Easy to drink. Alcohol is welll masked.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
jgb9348 (4628) - Arlington (Pentagon City), Virginia, USA - MAR 26, 2007
Clear golen/amber coloured body with a small light tan head with big bubbles. Strong pungent aroma of fresh floral and piney hops, along with some malt, cardboard and a bit more hops. Medium-bodied; Strong hoppy flavour full of pine and flowers followed by a very light malty flavour rounded out by some nuts and caramel. Aftertaste has more of the same, a rather dull malt taste and a light hop bitterness that seems to last. Overall, a decent beer - nothing more, nothing less. I definitely wouldn’t say this is one of my favourite IPAs, although I wouldn’t say this is an IPA at all. I sampled this twelve ounce bottle purchased by my brother-in-law from Total Wine in Manassas, Virginia on 26-March-2007.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
dmac (3892) - Toms River, New Jersey, USA - MAR 26, 2007
12 oz bottle. Was a little congested when I had this so I might have to try it again someday. Poured a thin watery looking orangey honey color with a small white head and average carbonation. If you never don’t know what people mean when they say it has a piney hop smell then try this, pure pine resin smell on this with nothing else coming through. Flavor was only hops and water.The hops weren’t strong or overpowering like an IIPA but seemed to be the only ingredient almsot as if they forgot to add the malt. Body was very thin and it seemed more like hop water then a balanced beer. Not horrible but no way near what I was expecting from the ratings I saw.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
cab (866) - DENMARK - MAR 24, 2007
Bottle. If you dont know what CAT PISS smell´s like then buy this beer and the aroma will give just that smell. But if you can go past that, this is a good beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
BeerBiker (1412) - Odense, DENMARK - MAR 21, 2007
[Bottle from Beermouth tasted with the hop-bros at Jess’ cosy inn.]
Had some fun over this and talked about the smell of fruity cat urine aroma from the cats livingbox. Not the best notes for an IPA (my style). It must be the combination of some fruits such as abricots, grape fruits and flowers which can make it that way. A lightbodied flavor, some watery in spite of the 7,5 %, but it all ends up in a dry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
beermouth (435) - Langeskov, DENMARK - MAR 21, 2007
Slight reddish/orangey color with light yellowish hue and good white head. Good hoppy bitterness, but lactually lack’s the hoppy aroma. Very fruit like with lemon, peach and spice. Got some grassy aromas and taste. quit thin when you think of the label.